Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: what program do you use?

The original site says OFFER NO LONGER AVAILABLE, but the links are still there and still active. I would recommend hurrying .........
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

That's funny, I didn't even pay attention to or see the notice. I must be color blind since it's in large red letters.

I just downloaded it, requested the serial number and it worked!

Hope I'm not the only fortunate one here.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

I just downloaded the program also. It states on the site that the program will be available for free until January 7th.

Thanks so much for all the help. Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out with out too much trouble. I'm not a computer guru, so I'm hoping it's pretty straight forward.

Thanks again,

Jennie

I just dl'd the prg and then went and registered and they sent me the unlock code right away. While the first link says the offer is no longer available, the second link, where you register, says the offer will be good till Jan. 7.
    Thanks to everyone for the heads up on this!!!
    -=Bob=-

Default Re: what program do you use? : Video Tutorial creation

I can't get the prg to work at all. I keep getting a msg, Unable to initialize camera, even though I dl'd/installed the codec they provided. I looked at their help section and even a forum they have and cannot figure this out. Any ideas?
    -=Bob=-

Unable to initialize camera,
    Are you recording from a web cam or something like that. You don't need a camera to capture the screen.

No, I'm not. Am I supposed to? (I don't have a camera.) I dl'd/installed the latest video card upgrades and my tv capture card upgrades/codecs (Hauppauge) and nothing has worked. I searched the Camtasia forums and can find nothing. Don't know how to go about getting this thing to work. Do I have to have Snagit?
    -=Bob=-

Do I have to have Snagit?
    No.
    Does the program open? Do you see this screen?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cam screen.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	43889  
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 23 December 2007 at 05:59 PM.

Bob,

Did you put a check in the box "Enable Live Output Support" when you installed it? If so that may have caused the problem. I would suggest that uninstall and reinstall may fix the problem. I didn't install any codecs specifically. Just the single .exe file and it ran fine.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 23 December 2007 at 06:39 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Welp, thanks for the suggestions guys, but while you were answering/helping me I figured out what I was doing wrong. I had the Record Camera box checked! Once I unchecked that, everything went great.

Now, however, I have a different problem. I have been playing around with the prg and recording stuff and then trying different formats to send myself an email with the "movie" and so far NONE of the choices have worked. Anyone had success with sending the files via email and actually having them play once received?

[I SHOULD be watching the Packers/Bears game, but instead am fascinated with this new program!]
    -=Bob=-