Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default what program do you use? : Video Tutorial creation

I'm trying to make some Xara tutorials on digital scrapbooking for a friend of mine who lives a couple states away. I know that quite a few of you have made some wonderful screenshot videos with real time voice, and I'm wondering what program you used?

How much did it cost? I'm looking for something relatively inexpensive, as I'm only using it for this bit of fun.

Thanks,

Jen

Default Re: what program do you use?

Xara themselves and some people in the forums use Camtasia Studio to do this. Recently it was revealed in the forums that you can get a free version of it if you would like. See this: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=30332
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Hi Jen,
    There was a thread here at the beginning of the month with a link to an offer for Camtasia 3 for free.
    Don't know if it's still valid though. Camtasia seems to be the program you would be looking for.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    You beat me to it, Odat!
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 20 December 2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: amendment
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

The Free offer for Camtasia version 3 is no longer available according to the link provided in the thread that Odat mentioned.

Microsoft has a Windows Media Encoder 9 Series that can create videos with sound that are very similar to those created by Camtasia.

It is free.

Download WME9

System Requirements

Windows Media Encoder 9 is the program that was used to create training videos for one of the companies I worked for.

Jen if you decide to try the Windows Media Encoder the following link has information and links to resources to help you configure the program. How to Use Windows Media Encoder 9
    Last edited by Soquili; 20 December 2007 at 11:09 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bummer on missing the free deal, but I guess that's what you get for being an inactive poster for a couple months.

I'll check out the Microsoft program. As long as I can talk along with the screenshot video it should work fine.

Thanks for your input.

Jennie

I am actually trialing CCS5 at the moment, aside from transitions not doing what I want (sound disppears during the transition plus the transition between clip 1 and 2 only works when clip 2 starts, iow - clip 1 just ends abruptly) the software is quite amazing.. Mostly I'm using it for creating streaming .flv videos from my stock of digital camera vids, so far much better quality than Rivas FLV encoder.

I'll play while the trial is active and then decide if it's worth having.

Quote Originally Posted by Odat View Post
    Xara themselves and some people in the forums use Camtasia Studio to do this. Recently it was revealed in the forums that you can get a free version of it if you would like. See this: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=30332
    Thanks for the tip!

Another Camtasia-like option is the free, open source CamStudio, http://sourceforge.net/projects/camstudio/ and/or http://camstudio.org/ )

Like Camtasia, CamStudio is meant to be for software demos and tutorials, so to my mind, the Cam[tasia/Studio] products are easier to use than the general-purpose Microsoft video tools.

CamStudio does not have some of the Camtasia features, is a touch more geeky, and has fewer online tutorials.

It looks like you may still be able to get a free copy of Snag-it (Screen Grab software), here from TechSmith. It includes a simplified version of the Camtasia video producer, which should work for your needs. Download it and Register it at http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/ukdn.asp Cannot Guarantee that it is still registerable, but you can at least try.

It also looks like you may still be able to get the Free Camtasio Studio here follow the onscreen instructions. Again ..... Cannot Guarantee that it is still registerable, but you can at least try.

These say free in the UK. But previously they have sent the Registration Key to Canada without a problem.

Bottom Line ............... Give it a try. you can't lose anything. Don't waste any time, Do it now!
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 21 December 2007 at 01:46 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I don't know . . . I went to the thread Odat provided downloaded Camtasia, then registered with TechSmith and had a key emailed to me not 15 minutes ago.

It seems to work for me.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?