Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default xara with my new job!

So my first day at wacky buttons I installed xara designer and I plan on making templates per button size. If I have any issues I'll post them. I'm converting over the measurements from a Photoshop template. Hope it works properly

Default Re: xara with my new job!

Let us know how it turns out.

I'm about to start working on them now. My only concern is getting the dimensions exactly the same.

I am currently having a major issue with Xara P&GD6 ... Our company uses .BMP files, and I have been trying to export BMP at 300dpi, with pixel size 840x840. It won't let me choose the DPI size however. It always makes it 96DPI. We tried a workaround to type in a percentage, but it will be far too cumbersome to use this method as we use different template sizes. Should I not be using Xara for this? I'd like to, I find photoshop very annoying.

any help would be huge.

RonC

This is always confusing. If the file export size is 840 x 840 pixels the resolution is not relevant. 840 pixels is 840 pixels regardless of the dpi resolution.

We want the file header to be written the correct way, so that when it opens, it is open at 2.8inches x 2.8inches with 300dpi. This is so it coordinates with specific software that we use here.

Create new unit that represents a 300 DPI pixels. Set this unit as default and for the ruler. Use it everywhere and the resulting export will be 300 DPI.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	px300.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	81460  
    John.

is the only way to export to the page size with objects lying outside of the canvas, to use clipview with a rectangle with the exact dimensions of the canvas?

also, I would like to know if I could have PSD export default to 300dpi whenever i export... Is that possible?

Thanks
    RonC
    Last edited by rpc9943; 04 May 2011 at 03:19 PM.

You can also put a rectangle of the requisite size, color and position below the objects, then export the rectangle using the True Color color depth (not True Color + Alpha).

Just a question because I am not understanding something.

Are these pin-on (or otherwise) buttons? Does the output device have to use BMP files or are other formats fine?

I ask the second question simply because I typically wouldn't use BMP files for final output to any device and am ignorant whether such an output device that requires BMP files actually exists.

Thank you, Mike