Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone know of a program that converts .swf to .avi ???
    IP

monkeypants

I've never used it but flash 4 has an export filter to .avi file. It's in File/Export Movie

I suggest you read the help file. Search for .avi and follow the links from there.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Sorry..I should have clarified myself. I don't use Flash...I use other programs that export to .swf I need to convert the .swf's to avi for streaming media use. Any other ideas?
    IP

I've no suggestions in that case. The problem with converting .swf's to .avi's is that .avi's convert everything to bitmaps, so if every frame becomes a bitmap I expect that it's almost useless for streaming media.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

if you use the wired environment for QT and play the swf in it you can save both the AVI or series of bitmaps to make an AVI from out of it. YOu have to have QT pro to do the job. Regards, Bill

Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    IP

Exactly....I would like to convert to AVI, so I can then encode it to real video.
    IP

Why not just change it to RealFlash? Doesn't RealProducer handle that?

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

yeah, real flash is going to playback faster and cleaner. The only restriction is a 248 pixel width X (---) high ( I dont remember the pixel size) for your swf. So you will save alot of download time. There is a real flash producer package available on the www.real.com site. Regards, Bill

IP

I was hoping I could do it directly. I don't use Flash, and I'd like to keep everything together in one file.
    IP

it's a bit outdated, but you might want to look into this article from real's devzone:

realflash g2 tutorial

or

realflash faq

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO