Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Do we want to go back to the old conference set up? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Do we want to go back to the old conference set up? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

about this. No tree arrangement and "read" not registering does make navigating the site a bit tedious. However, speed and readability are brilliant.
    thanks, Penny

I like the new Forum well enough to point out where it needs fixing.

The inconsistent reporting of whether or not a topic or reply has been read must be a bug. I'd think the application providers could correct it.

I too appreciated the tree navigation feature of the old Forum. This might not be so easily addressed.

The old forum might have been slower, but it proved easy to use and helpful.
    In the new one I can't find the messages I want to read.
    Maybe it should have been tested for a while, before suppressing the old one.

bye Luciano

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I like a lot about this setup, for example
    I just put my picture in my "profile"
    *and the UBB code buttons <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> make some things easier <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>BUT WE NEED THE TREE<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Do we all agree ???[/list]
    Regards,,,,Tad

Folks:

Please keep in mind that the new forums are remotely hosted -- so if there are bugs, or feature suggestions, I pass these on to the developer. They have acknowledged that inconsistent display of the new messages icon is a known problem. I, and many other, customers have requested the tree display, but this is non-trivial to implement, so it may take longer to show up.

They seem to be very responsive to customer feedback and are scaling their system to serve thousands of users. So unlike the previous forums, which we hosted and the developer had abandoned, the new system will improve over time.

Thanks for your comments

Chris

>The inconsistent reporting of whether or not a topic or reply has been read must be a bug. I'd think the application providers could correct it.

I too appreciated the tree navigation feature of the old Forum. This might not be so easily addressed.

<blockquote>
    <font color=green>Chris Dickman</font>
    http://www.i-us.com/images/sig.gif
    </blockquote>

The Forum seems to track by Session. After viewing, if you close and then reopen Exlporer the Read/Unread flag seems to work. At least it does for me. Hope this helps some here. I'm sure that it willl not be a solution for everyone.

Regards,
    Mark Hanson