Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xtreme to Craft Cutter

I'm trying to import artwork created in Xtreme to the Studio software on my KnK craft cutter. At the moment the only option I have found works reasonably well is to save the artwork as a graphic file then do the cut lines in another piece of software the import them into my KnK software.

I'm using contours on some of the lettering and that seems to be where the problems are.

Anybody help with a easier method ?

Default Re: Xtreme to Craft Cutter

Firstly had quick search to see what type of cutter it is and found that it was a very simple cutter for T shirt transfer and paper. What type of files does your cutter or driver accept? The problem when cutting the contours maybe due to the type of font or not changing the contour to "Editable Shapes" and then "Un-grouping". Sorry I cant be more of help maybe Sledger who has his own Vinyl biz will be of help more than I was but I do know the certain types of fonts will cause problems when exporting as EPS and the easiest solution is to turn them into to shapes.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Hi,

The cutter software uses unique cutting files (.knk) and will import eps. I've changed the contoured text to Editable shapes and save it as an eps file. The only problem is when I import it into the cutter software it looses all the contour and text colours except the outlines.

I'm going to send two sample files to KnK support to see if they can find a way to import them without first converting them to a bitmap file. I've also asked them to look at the possibility of having an SVG file import facility.

Peter

Sorry not much I can suggest without being familiar with the cutter software.
    Sounds like one for KnK support...

How about .wmf files? Turn all the text & contours to Editable Shapes and export as wmf. Worth a try.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

.wmf export is broken in xpro with the latest release.... Don't know about xtreme. Older versions work fine...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook