Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help Needed!! - High Resolution Images

I use Xara 3D to create my text graphics for web/digital projects and its great! I now require Xara 3D to produce text graphics for print projects, for which I need to export the graphic at a high resolution. The problems I have found are that you can only create text images with a maximum text size of 299. Is there any way of producing high resolution text images?? I would be very grateful for your help.

Default Re: Help Needed!! - High Resolution Images

Hello, Rushdot, welcome to the forum.

The images exported by xara3D are 96 pixels per inch, the Windows monitor standard. If you need more pixels in the image then you need to export a larger image.

I know of only two ways of increasing the size of the output image, one is to select all the elements in the image with CTRl-A, and then in the font size box in the toolbar, type 400%. This will make all the objects much larger in the x- and y-axes, but not in the z-axis, so you will need to increase any Extrusion depths to compensate. You will also need to turn off the fit-to-width option in the Fontsize box, with nothing selected, and set 288pt, which is the max setting. This will give you the largest image you can show on screen. Then export the image.

The other way is in the export dialogue, choose the user-defined size, and type in 2000 x 2000 the max, or whatever you need to get the size you want, then export the image. This will also require the Fontsize setting to be Fit-to-width, otherwise all you will get is the same size image and a lot more border!

If the resulting image is still not large enough, I think you are stuck, at least as far as Xara3D is concerned.

Mike

Default Re: Help Needed!! - High Resolution Images

I will try that, thanks alot for your help