Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how to redraw banner

Hi folks;
    I need some help to redraw this banner as I need it larger (2 inches at 300 dpi).
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Tried to get the trial of Xara Xtreme but there doesn't seem to be a version for Mac yet.
    thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IP

Default Re: how to redraw banner

Welcome to TG.

Unfortunately Talkgraphics is not a place to come to requesting production of your image requirments or any graphics/artwork to be produced for you.
    We are here to help you learn to create images for yourself with friendly, useful guidance to suit you and your software of choice, or where appropriate, recommend the best software for the task.
    As you are posting in the Adobe Illustrator forum I assume that your fairly simple shape (which you created and saved as a raster .PSD image?) you now want redrawn as a Vector?

You could get a trial version of CS3 for the Mac and then ask here for help with the pen tool and so on?

Members here are very helpful and there's always someone online ready to answer your questions, but we actively discourage any members from directly producing work for others.
    IP

Hi Barrio,
    What version of AI do you have? if its CS and above look in some of the template files there are a few with banners which you could use as a starter and then add a few more folds to. If it was me that was doing it I would draw only one half and the "Reflect a copy" from the transform menu. Then use the "Path" menu to join the 2 half's was the same menu area being the Object menu.

By the way there are some really good banner (ribbon) tutorials out there for Illly do a google search but use the word ribbon instead of banner which means you cut out all the Web Banner material.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

There are many similar "Banners and Seals" already built into your full install of illustrator. (on mine, CS2 anyway)

Go to the "Window" menu then down nearly to the bottom and choose "Brush Libraries", then choose the menu item "Decorative Banners and Seals". A little window opens, drag one of the thumbnails of a banner to an open document page and resize/colour it to suit your whim.

If you really want the exact same banner but in a vector format though, you could go to http://vectormagic.com/ and pay a tiddly bit of money for a good vector version if you can't do it yourself.

Or use/learn to use the pen tool in illustrator to manually trace the banner.
    IP