Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lost white in Photoshop CS3

Hi All,

I have somehow managed to lose white out of my colour swatches. White has been replaced with a cream colour and the greyscales have a cream/brown tone to them.
    If a new image or file is created it immediatley uses this cream as the background.
    When opening images with a white background (when viewed in windows explorer) Photoshop CS3 replaces the white with the cream.
    All other swatches appear to be ok.
    Black is fine.
    If I go to use the colour picker, black is fine at RGB 0 but at 255 which should be white it is cream.
    I've tried reseting to the default swatches but they are the same.
    White in other applications is fine so it is not a display problem.
    Please help?
    IP

Default Re: Lost white in Photoshop CS3

Calibrate your monitor..

You can do this with a combination of the monitor OSD and your video card drivers.

If this doesn't make any sense to you, please post back more information about your computer system and monitor and we'll try to help further.

Sorry, I missed the line
    White in other applications is fine so it is not a display problem.
    This is very strange and as only a part time user of PS I can only think of a 'Workspace' setting at this stage?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 09 December 2007 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Oopsie
    IP

just off the top of my head
    AMD 64 3200
    2 Gig Ram
    Nvidia Geforce 6150 onboard
    Monitor: LG LCD L1750SQ
    IP

how did this happen.. you can't actually delete a color. it could be in the settings. check each settings. ctrl+k
    IP

Here is something that may or may not help:

when rebuliding my system long time back I got a message on opening photoshop that said my color profile appeared to be corrupt did I wish to use/ignore.
    Whichever option I chose, the white in Photoshop appeared off-white/cream as you describe. Apart frpm Photoshop Elements no other program was affected.
    I had changed my monitor to a philips LCD and XP had the CM profile as PhilipsLCD which Photoshop did not seem to like.
    Changing the CM in XP desktop properties settings advanced to sRGB [or any other adobe recognised RGB] fixed this.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Changing the Color Management in XP desktop properties settings advanced to sRGB [or any other adobe recognised RGB] fixed this.
    I had to register just to reply to this post. I had same problem when my computer finally detected my display from plug and play to Dell display, Photoshop white turned into cream.

Thanks for the tip, your solution was the answer

PS. Remember to swap the sRGB to default when changing it.
    IP

always nice to get feedback - glad it was helpful
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Here is something that may or may not help:

when rebuliding my system long time back I got a message on opening photoshop that said my color profile appeared to be corrupt did I wish to use/ignore.
    Whichever option I chose, the white in Photoshop appeared off-white/cream as you describe. Apart frpm Photoshop Elements no other program was affected.
    I had changed my monitor to a philips LCD and XP had the CM profile as PhilipsLCD which Photoshop did not seem to like.
    Changing the CM in XP desktop properties settings advanced to sRGB [or any other adobe recognised RGB] fixed this.
    Just registered to forum only for saying thank you. I just bought myself a new LG Flatron W2242S 22" lcd monitor yesterday, and was having the same "cream whites" problem in Photoshop CS2. And it worked smoothly. Again, thank you so much.
    IP

pleasure
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

eGreetings,

Using Windows XP Home SP1.

Same thing happened to me in Photoshop CS2. White shows up as cream.
    This fixed worked great. Thanks so much!!

I would like to add that if you don't see sRGB on the Color Management Tab under Color Profiles. Click ADD and search for sRGB Color Space Profile.icm

Thanks again, so nice to find easy fixes!

Kind Regards,
    Jeri
    IP