Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Where are the template packs?

HI Doug, we have sent you an email to try and assist you with this query.

Many thanks
    Customer Support

Quote Originally Posted by Xara Support View Post
    HI Doug, we have sent you an email to try and assist you with this query.

Many thanks
    Customer Support
    Got it, thanks, downloading right now. I'll email you with details.

That didn't seem too difficult. Couldn't that have been done that earlier, and saved all the angst.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    That didn't seem too difficult. Couldn't that have been done that earlier, and saved all the angst.
    That's what I asked Xara. The person that I was mainly dealing with-Barbara-was not helpful at all. Just kept telling me that the templates were 'there'. No help to tell me how to get them, no instructions, nothing. No help at all.

Then today after writing yet another email to Xara about what had happened, a very helpful person named Bhavesh sent me an email compleat with screenshot and detailed instructions on how to get the extra templates.

Here are the instructions on how to get the extra templates if you purchase them:

I understand you are having difficulties with retrieving your Webstyle template packs and would like to assist you.

I can confirm the account (email address) contains Webstyle 4 and template packs 1-5. You should therefore have access to all the templates currently available.

Can you initially start Webstyle and click on the Webstyle 4 logo on the top left side of the program (above the start button) This will cause a system menu to be displayed. Select the option labelled ‘Don’t connect automatically’

Following this, please select any of the graphical types such as Navbars & Menus.

Are there any thumbnails being played with a $ symbol as shown in the screen shot below? If yes, then please click on any of the thumbnails displaying a $ symbol and click on the continue button from the resulting alert window.

Enter your member name (email account) and associated password within the ‘connect to xara’ window and click on the button labelled ‘Connect’

A new window will open directing you to the Webstyle Purchase page. Click on the back button. This will invoke the Webstyle update process causing all the available templates to be retrieved and installed.

Thanks Doug, let us know if you encounter any further problems.

Kindest regards

Bhavesh

Xara Group Ltd

This procedure is obviously completely non-standard for getting downloadable software, but Bhavesh's clear instructions had me downloading all the templates after reading through the instructions once.

Now THAT is what I call good customer support and what should have been done from the start instead of wasting a week dealing with the other person that I first dealt with and meantioned elsewhere.

Thanks Bhavesh, your help is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Doug
    Last edited by Doug; 11 December 2007 at 06:20 AM.

I'm glad to hear that you got that all sorted out Doug.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.