Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where are the template packs?

I just bought Webstyle and some extra template packs last weekend. Today I get an email saying "The Template packs are now in your account."

I logged in, but my download page has everything but the Webstyle templates. All of my previous Xara purchases-xara3d, xtreme pro, etc are all there, but no templates to download.

I thought that maybe I was supposed to get the templates through the webstyle update feature in the program, but that didn't work either.

Am I missing something?

Help please!

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Default Re: Where are the template packs?

Doug on Webstyle's first window the info button (upper right). Click that and it will look for updates and template packs in your account. The first time you do that it may prompt you for your username (or email address) and your password.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Doug on Webstyle's first window the info button (upper right). Click that and it will look for updates and template packs in your account. The first time you do that it may prompt you for your username (or email address) and your password.
    Thanks, but I have already done all that. I bought Webstyle and the Templates last Friday November 30 around 12:00 PM. I expected to hear nothing over the weekend from Xara about the templates, but this morning I got an email from Barbara at Xara support stating that the templates were now in my account. I tried renewing the browser cache in Firefox, deleting the browser cache in Firefox, I tried IE, I tried Firefox and Konqueror on the KDE desktop in Debian Linux. Nothing-the templates are not to be found.

Can you confirm-should the templates be available for download on the page with my other xara software purchases?

The big trouble is that I am in Vancouver, which is 8 hours behind England . By the time I get up in the morning, xara support has already gone home for dinner.

Thanks any other ideas?

Doug

You cannot use your web browser to down load the templates. They can only be downloaded from within Webstyle itself.

Click on the info/update button within Webstyle which is in the upper right corner of the first Webstyle screen.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

You cannot use your web browser to down load the templates. They can only be downloaded from within Webstyle itself.

Click on the info/update button within Webstyle which is in the upper right corner of the first Webstyle screen.
    Once again, I did try from within Webstyle as you said-nothing, no updates when I pressed the info/update button within Webstyle which is in the upper right corner of the first Webstyle screen.

Any new ideas?

Thanks

Sorry Doug. Using the update button in Webstyle is the only way I know to get the templates.

The Xara Support site has details about how the process works:
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...&nav=0,463,471
    Last edited by Soquili; 06 December 2007 at 12:51 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sorry Doug. Using the update button in Webstyle is the only way I know to get the templates.

The Xara Support site has details about how the process works:
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...&nav=0,463,471
    No problems, Bill. Ya, it's the only way I know of too. The Xara support person didn't help much either-rather vague, no explanation as to how to get them or a link. Not much help.

I suspect that the extra template sets aren't really there, she though they were bu aren't there.

UPDATE: A week after purchasing Webstyle 4 and Templates, I still have NOT gained access to to them on my download page at Xara. I have been emailing 'Barbara' in xara so called support, but all she does is keep insisting that the templates are in my account page.

Maybe she can see the templates because she is logging in from the server at Xara, but no matter what browser I use or even if I clear the cache, I cannot see or access the Templates!

I have told Barbara this, but her emails are very slow in responding. (And yes, I am very aware of the 8 hour time zone difference!)

The customer support used to be decent at Xara, now it is totally below standard. Barbara seems more interested in insisting that the templates are there rather than telling me how I can access them and get what I payed for. (Webstyle.exe downloaded fine, it is there.)

Does anyone know what Charles Moir's email is? I think it's time to escalate this complaint up the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I just bought Webstyle and some extra template packs last weekend. Today I get an email saying "The Template packs are now in your account."

I logged in, but my download page has everything but the Webstyle templates. All of my previous Xara purchases-xara3d, xtreme pro, etc are all there, but no templates to download.

I thought that maybe I was supposed to get the templates through the webstyle update feature in the program, but that didn't work either.

Am I missing something?

Help please!

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Don't know his e-mail, but you can PM him through the control panel. That should get to him.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Don't know his e-mail, but you can PM him through the control panel. That should get to him.
    Thanks, I just did that. British Columbia says thanks Ontario! ;-)

Cheers