Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: SURVEY - Monitor Calibration and Profiling

I can't see any difference between the two lightest whites, nor the two darkest blacks. I'm sure it would help in my post processing of my photography, but I'm not a pro, so I've just never bothered with calibration Once I get my new computer and monitors, I'll probably be more inclined to make sure I have perfect colors.

Hardware calibration. No, I don't use any hardware to calibrate.

Today at www.giveawayoftheday.com (3 hours left) they are giveing away some calibrating software. I chose not to download it either. Mostly because it guarantees to calibrate your monitor to 2.2 gamma and 6500 warmth and I thought that 2.2 gamma was a Mac setting and that PCs should be calibrated to 1.8....but I don't know for sure.

I'm really lost with all of this. I don't understand how to use a profile for my printer even after reading about it numerous threads (never seen the steps to take to do it). I bought a ViewSonic Graphics Series G90fb. The 'b' means that it's black This monitor was suggested to me by the owner of a 3D site. I love it. It came with custom settings for different temperatures. I chose 6500.

It used to print out from my computer what I saw on screen. I had to lighten my work just a touch but the colors were good. Now they aren't and my colors are off when I print...especially reds.

I used to have an ATI Radeon graphics card but it died and I replaced it with a NVidia GeForce 7900Gt (something like that). Could a new graphics card make the difference?
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

according to my adobe software: 2.2 for Windows 1.8 for Mac Nancy

if you change your graphics card you might well change your default monitor color profile...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'll have to reread my bookmarked sites. I'm easily confused, lol. I'm set at about 2.0 gamma on a PC at the mo...right in between. My blue gamma is set just a touch lower than the red and green. Feel like I should reset everything to default and use an image and print it out until it matches my printer to screen.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

something to be said for that if you have a good eye [and you only use the one printer] - but you would really need to print out a [definitive] colour chart I think - its how it used to be done so I understand [ I don't remember that far back of course ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...