Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool Webstyle menu in DW template

I have put the Webstyle menu in Dreamweaver template. It works fine. But when I base a new page on this template, menus do not appear, and they do not appear neither in the browser prewiev, nor in the DW itself. I suppose it has to do something with the placement of .js files in the site structure. Everything works just fine if all the pages are in the same folder of the web site, but since the templates are always in their separate folder (by default in DW), and the pages are either in the root of the site or in some other folder inside the root, menu disappear.
    If you want to test what I am talking about make a little test:

1. Make new site
    2. Make simple page in DW
    3. Save the page as a template (it will be automatically saved in Template folder of the web site
    4. Insert navbar in in the template, save it.
    5. Make a new page based on the template and save it in the root folder of the site.

Menu disappear.

Is there any elegant solution for this problem?

Re: Webstyle menu in DW template

Sadly,

It would appear that WS4 is simply out of date now and the new owners seem reluctant to update it for operation with DWCS3 - although vague promises have been made it has to be said.

My solution is simply to use the spry menu widget which, although not as pretty as the WS4/MM menus, is very easy to use, much easier to operate and can look quite fine.

I have given up with WS4 (sadly) but do transfer some of the graphics as I've bought them. I manipulate them in Xara.

Default Re: Webstyle menu in DW template

Thanks for taking time to answer my post, although it does not solve the problem. I have tried the spry menus before and it is true that they are just fine, especially when you edit spry CSS.
    Thanks again.

hot tip: http://www.aplus.co.yu/adxmenu/

One of the best menus, I found. Simplest possible HTML code and some nice features.

Remi

Kresimer:

Have you gotten any further with this problem?? I am having the identical problem myself.

Thanks for any new posts you may do

Xara Support may have some interesting information for you - See post #19 in this thread
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.