Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default DNN Error while launching default web site

Please provide a solution.........

DNN 4.7 installation gets completed but when u launch the default website it shows the following error:

Server Error in '/DNN' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.SkinDefaults..ctor(SkinDefault Type DefaultType) +189 DotNetNuke.Common.Globals.get_DefaultSkin() +31 DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalSettings.GetPort alSettings(Int32 TabId, PortalAliasInfo objPortalAliasInfo) +2799 DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalSettings..ctor(I nt32 tabId, PortalAliasInfo objPortalAliasInfo) +82 DotNetNuke.HttpModules.UrlRewriteModule.OnBeginReq uest(Object s, EventArgs e) +2897 System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpA pplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

Default Re: DNN Error while launching default web site

Anvesh you should ask that question on the DotNetNuke forums http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/...5/Default.aspx

Talkgraphics is for discussion of graphics applications and their use on websites.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

sorry dear,I already did it and I guessed that this is a better platform to get accurate results........

It doesn't hurt to ask. I wasn't sure you would get an answer here as most are artists rather than programmers/developers.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Not sure, what's the problem with DotNetNuke or your configuration, but if you google with the searchstring

+dotnetnuke +"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

you'll find a lot of similar questions (and perhaps solutions).

Regards,
    Remi

I had an interest in DNN at one point. I never follow through because of reading the problems some people had. From what I've read it looks like it could be an issue with the .Net versions to DNN versions. There are a few other type of issues that come up, but have a look at these links, they may be helpful.

http://www.apollo-software.nl/Forum/...s/Default.aspx

http://forums.asp.net/p/937685/1114393.aspx#1114393

http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/...s/Default.aspx

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

I prefer working with php-based systems