Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: svg problems

Default Re: svg problems

If you're interested Dai... keep in touch and I will see if I can get someone to take some time and really look at it??
    Yes very interested same as you, I prefer XaraLX to Inkscape. I was thinking of taking some of the exercises in the workbooks and making them into screencasts for the community. Just my way of promoting XaraLX to stir up interest in this brilliant programme. I'll have to ask the editor of PClos mag if he would reproduce some of the tutes to promote Xara to the community (so long as Xara have no objections). With greater interest should come greater suport from the developers.
    IP

Dai.. if you're part of the PCLOS community, why dont you come over to "My-PCLOS" and see me on the beautification team so I can draft you

I'm trying to get all my items related to this together to get to anyone here interested. I am not very "techie" by any means. Everything I had was on a different machine than this one and I have not touched any of it in a while. We were working on it but other things of higher priority overcame our plight
    I will, over the next couple of days, do my best to get everything together to put forward here.
    I already sent an "empty file" to someone so.... I'll get it eventually Stay-tuned
    IP

no problem be happy to come over to the myplcos team
    IP

Dai - I replied, in general, to this same question in another post
    to which you replied... although I dont know how to fix your
    Ubuntu problem, SVG seems to be working fine in the "*******"
    live-CD, which included XaraLX as a standard program option.
    I cant get the thing installed to a hard drive or usb, but it does
    work fine as live-CD. Hope this is some consolation. EDIT: well...
    hopefully, by now, you have seen at least one of my corrected posts...
    Im sorry, but, having checked this again when I returned home, it
    simply wasnt that distribution with which I had my success...
    not even SVG that I was so pleased to have found working, but,
    instead, xara's eps (another scalable format).
    Last edited by stuseven; 03 December 2007 at 07:38 PM.
    IP

Stu, I had not even realized that. I tried TeenPup for a couple days, but had mostly allowed my son to do the testing with it, and I had not thought about checking out the xaralx as I assumed it would be just the same as the usual
    I'm gonna have to check that out now, thanks for mentioning it.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by geminiguy View Post
    Stu, I had not even realized that. I tried TeenPup for a couple days, but had mostly allowed my son to do the testing with it, and I had not thought about checking out the xaralx as I assumed it would be just the same as the usual
    I'm gonna have to check that out now, thanks for mentioning it.
    ah well... unfortunately, I must correct myself on this... I splashed this news
    all over the board this morning, but, when I went home to reconfirm what I
    had gotten so excited over, it was an error... there isnt any svg support at all in the "teenpup"... I was confusing another file type which -does- export
    nicely, but this is in the standard download version (EPS).
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by stuseven View Post
    Dai - I replied, in general, to this same question in another post
    to which you replied... although I dont know how to fix your
    Ubuntu problem, SVG seems to be working fine in the "teenpup"
    live-CD, which included XaraLX as a standard program option.
    I cant get the thing installed to a hard drive or usb, but it does
    work fine as live-CD. Hope this is some consolation.
    sorry to you Dai... my comment was well intended, but, after checking this
    again at home, it seems I had mistaken SVG export capability for eps, which
    the standard download version of xaralx has had for some time... oh brother...
    hopefully this "great news about SVG" wont get too far before people see the
    correction !
    IP

never mind back to the drawing board. lets hope the people at Xara will take pity on us and fix the svg issue. In the mean lets crack on with this idea for a XaraLX site. Con said he's going to check out Drupal the weekend and we'll take from there.
    IP

That's ok Stu.... I wouldn't worry bout it... it's not as serious as announcing Elvis is still alive
    The svg issue needs to be addresed and we all need to get together and contact the right people on this.
    But we need to let the powers that be here, steer us in the right direction. Let's do this right and proper..... and follow the correct channels, ok?
    IP

Why don't you start with the developers documentation? What you need is a SVG import/export filter. Start to read and learn something about the XAR file documentation (330 pages). After that, start to read and learn something about the SVG format description (700 pages). The next step would be to read the details about the Xara LX Filter Mechanism. After that you could download the current Xara LX source code and study the current SVG filter. All you have to do is, to finish this piece of code.

btw: Please don't answer with excuses like "Unfortunately I'm not a developer" or something like that. If you need the SVG import/export filter, then try to complete the current one by yourself...

Remi
    IP