Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Calendar 2008 for Xara - seen anywhere?

Hello, using my Xara, in the Clipart Gallery there is an template for a "Calendar 07".
    A beautiful template for making my own kind of calendar and creating some gifts for christmas. but: 2007 is not longer that year I need.
    So I ask you: have you ever seen a new Xara calendar template for 2008?

Kind regards

Holger

Default Re: Calendar 2008 for Xara - seen anywhere?

Nope. Might be a good project

Gary

Hi Holger,
    there is a 2008 Calendar template in the clipart directoy. But I don't know if that is installed with the CD or the Download trial version.
    JIm

In the clipart directory under Calendars (NOT Calenders '07), there are calendars for 2007, 2008 and 2009, obviously this will depend on the version of Xara you are running, but I suspect these were installed with 3.2
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ah, thank you very much.
    Unfortunately for my xara release there are no new calendar-templates.
    I only have those "Calendar 2007" in my clipart-gallery.

Mhmm, I really would like to make my own calendar for 2008.
    I don't know if it it's possible or not to share the new calendar templates with other users. Or maybe there is another way to get the templates for older Xara-versions. Don't know.

Does anybody has an idea? Is there a place to load the templates manually?

regards

Holger

You can create or download each PDF with a calendar and import it into Xara Xtreme.

To create a calendar, you can search for Software which is able to create calendars and print from such a software into a PDF file. I'm sure there are plenty of calendar templates available for MS Word/Excel or OpenOffice.

Remi

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    You can create or download each PDF with a calendar and import it into Xara Xtreme.
    Hello Remi,
    your hints sounds good. Thank you.
    But if there would be any possibility for me to get the original Xara calendars for 2008/2009, this would be the finest, easiest and maybe the solution with the highest quality too.

I think about adapting the 2007 calendar for 2008, but it is a lot of work to change all the dates manually.

Maybe - if this is not a problem - someone could save the original 2008 calendar and make it usable for other Xara-users.

I cannot imagine, that Xara really would like to prevent users of older versions (like me) from using the new templates, but in fact it is a kind of older-version-discrimination... ;-)

kind regards

Holger

Hi,
    Here it is as requested

Jim
    p.s I have emoved calenadar as suggested, never occurred to me
    Last edited by Scotty; 20 November 2007 at 01:55 AM.

Thank you so very much, Scotty!

And please, forgive me, if I still ask for more...please!!!
    Okay, let me explain: in my Xara, there is a category "Calendar 2007" and in this folder, there are 12 single calendar-sheets, one for each month. At the top of each sheet, there is a picture/ an image and beneath are the days of the month.

This kind of calendar is what I exactly need, because I can place an suitable, individual image for every month and make some little changes to personalize the calendar as an gift for family members, affable people like friendly neighbors and so on.

Could you maybe and please help again? I send you some virtual embracings and a very thankful "pat on the back".

Kind regards

Holger

I encourage you to try it yourself--the worst you could do is learn something, and the best . . . you might just accomplish exactly what you want. Your history doesn't show much of an effort to do things for yourself in the past, and it would be nice to see that change.

Best wishes,
    David
    Last edited by David O'Neil; 20 November 2007 at 03:23 AM.