Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Param Loop

Question Param Loop

I am having trouble with looping my flash animation.

The code generated automatically doesn't include *any* loop instructions; I have tried switching it on and off repeatedly and using different settings.

Now I have found the instruction to insert by hand but it only offers loop true or false. I want to loop the animation only twice or thrice as not to drive my web visitors mad - how do I write this directly as a param loop instruction, please?

I have searched the web and I'll cant find it ... :-(

SFX

PS Using Vista ...
    IP

Default Re: Param Loop

There is an option in the Animation properties dialogue box which may help (see image below). The dialogue box can be reached by pressing the Properties... button in the Frame gallery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loop.png 
Views:	769 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	43419  
    IP

Yes, thanks, I am aware of this dialogue. When I made animations before switching to this new computer, it used to loop happily - or not.

The param loop value is *missing* altogether from the code xara is generating.

I am trying to insert it by hand and am looking for the correct instruction to make it loop 3x.

Thanks,

SFX

See here:

http://silviahartmann.com/e/xara-screenshot.gif
    IP

sw1sfx,

Xhris is correct. The loop info is held within the swf NOT the resultant html code.

Try this:

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by s1sfx View Post
    Yes, thanks, I am aware of this dialogue. When I made animations before switching to this new computer, it used to loop happily - or not.

The param loop value is *missing* altogether from the code xara is generating.

I am trying to insert it by hand and am looking for the correct instruction to make it loop 3x.

Thanks,

SFX

See here:

http://silviahartmann.com/e/xara-screenshot.gif
    Was the code that is not present ever actually present before the move to the new computer?
    IP

Oh okay, I see what you mean.

One of the first xara flashes I made, I wanted it to be transparent, just some words to go over the top of a table with a background image. I found the following instruction:

<PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=transparent>

... that you could put into the html to achieve this.

I assumed because of this that there were other params you could use to steer your flash in the right direction and was looking for a list of them.

Thank you for your time and I'm sorry for the confusion,

SFX
    IP

No problem s1sfx, glad to have been of assistance.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

I have the same problems. Thank you.
    IP