Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Poor receptionist

Manoj,

Thanks.

I would hope Xara Ltd (Majix) will soon be contacting you soon to use this as testimonial for their web page.

John

I'm sure they have a long list already John

Actually, it's only the Bitmap Tracer function I was never too happy about--in spite of the very nice tutorials some Xara aficionados have put together. But I have recently discovered the amazing vector magic site and my bitmap tracing woes are no more!

Best
    Manoj

Manoj, great drawings. You are very talented.
    I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned this before, but your avatar, if not also your real self, bears a striking resemblance to Clark Kent, aka, Superman! Are you the man of steel?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1 USE for Xara posts.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	43428  
    -=Bob=-

Quote Originally Posted by Manoj View Post
    I'm sure they have a long list already John

Actually, it's only the Bitmap Tracer function I was never too happy about--in spite of the very nice tutorials some Xara aficionados have put together. But I have recently discovered the amazing vector magic site and my bitmap tracing woes are no more!

Best
    Manoj
    The vectormagic site works well, although I can't import the resulting eps files directly into xara. I had to bring them into AI CS3 first, then dump as an older version AI file and then imported them into xara. Do you have any tricks or tips to avoid having to use AI as the world's most expensive file converter?!

Stan

Hi Stan,

Quote Originally Posted by standay View Post
    Do you have any tricks or tips to avoid having to use AI as the world's most expensive file converter?!
    please do a search for "vectormagic" with the forum search. You'll find two other threads with tips about the EPS problem.

@Manoj: Great work. Welcome to talkgraphics!

Regards,
    Remi

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    please do a search for "vectormagic" with the forum search. You'll find two other threads with tips about the EPS problem.
    OK, I did that and it looks like you still have to use *something* in between the vectormagic file output and xara. I tried to download the "portable" version of inkscape but it would not install so I downloaded the regular version. It didn't like the vectormagic EPS either, but it did open the SVG and dumped to PDF which xara liked.

I found AI to be about as good for this as inkscape, but if you needed a no-cost solution, inkscape is the one.

I use Ghostscript/Ghostview for the middle step. Open EPS, export pdf. Open pdf in Xara.

Ghostscript & Ghostview (the GUI for Ghostscript) are also free.

Hi Bob,

Quote Originally Posted by -=Drifter=- View Post
    Are you the man of steel?
    I definitely feel like I have superpowers when I'm using xara

Thanks for the kind comments everyone...I do get inspired seeing some of the excellent work on talkgraphics.

Best
    Manoj

Thumbs up Re: Poor receptionist

[quote=Manoj . . . [/quote]

Thanks for the Post & Link to Vector Magic - Appreciated - Tom
    Tom - Hwy101