Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jesus wept

Default Re: Jesus wept

very well done hman!
    everything is EXTREMELY realistic. just check on the flow of tears from eyes, i believe (from experience) that they first start at the tear ducts/glands nearest the nose before popping out at the furthest ends and the lower lids - in general weeping is quite messy, with the nose-drip following
    i think four times the weeping of Jesus has been recorded in the NT, which one would you say your sketch refers to?
    God bless
    Gabriel
    '... and then there was Corel Draw v.2 for MS Windows 3 on my superfast 286'

Quote Originally Posted by horseman View Post
    Thanks everyone.

Here is some more of my art. This is a 3 part work of sequential art, starting here:

www.temptthemessiah-part1.blogspot.com

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...ssiahcolor.jpg
    I love this , what you call sequential art. I love reading comics. The art work is just fantastic!
    Last edited by a4hire; 11 June 2008 at 04:46 PM.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Horsemanm,
    I have gone to your website and looked at all your drawings, very nice work indeed.
    The only thing that I don't like is the hard edge around the cast shadows especially when they get farther from the source. It may be just a personal preference but it bothers me.
    I like the b/w Jesus wept better than the colored one.

I hope I didn't offend you with my criticism. I do think your drawings are truly marvelous.

I am presently working on an autobiographical book, that will be entitled Scarred By Grace. You see, about 6 1/2 years ago I was in a terrible car accident, in which I was widowed and horribly injured (if you're interested in knowing more, go to www.ourrescuer.com). I recently discovered your "Jesus Wept" image, on http://jesusweptart.blogspot.com/, and would like to use it in a later chapter of my book, in which I intend to talk about Jesus' compassion. I'm mentioning this to you to ask if you'd be willing to send me some form of signed copyright release for this image. Of course, I'd be glad to put your name or web address on the bottom... whatever you desire. Just let me know what's agreeable to you, and thanks for your consideration. (you can email me at directly washfeet@gmail.com)
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 14 August 2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Removed Quote (redundant repost of 1st image)

What is the address again? That link does not work.
    Last edited by horseman; 27 June 2008 at 02:02 AM. Reason: question

Delete the right parenthesis in the URL and it should work.

(Not sure, if it's such a clever idea to tell the world your life on the Web.)

Remi
    Last edited by remi; 27 June 2008 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Horsemanm,
    I have gone to your website and looked at all your drawings, very nice work indeed.
    The only thing that I don't like is the hard edge around the cast shadows especially when they get farther from the source. It may be just a personal preference but it bothers me.
    I like the b/w Jesus wept better than the colored one.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I hope I didn't offend you with my criticism. I do think your drawings are truly marvelous.
    No. I am not offended. In fact, I prefer comments like yours. These are responses that I can use... learn from. Thanks. No apology needed.

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Delete the right parenthesis in the URL and it should work.

(Not sure, if it's such a clever idea to tell the world your life on the Web.)

Remi
    Thanks. Went there and listened to what happended to this man. Trajic and amazing story. Often when people have been touched by the Divine, they must share. It may seem odd to many, but I understand where the man comes from. I have seen and heard people open up about things that normally are kept hush hush. Such is the power of God to transform lives. He bends the energy within us, which is the most powerful thing in the world... much more powerful than a gun or a bomb...

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...ethumbnail.jpg

www.jesusweptart.blogspot.com

Peace be with you

Horseman,
    Love the Jesus drawing. B/W version looks really good but I also like the colours on the colour version. Hands are done really well. Can do without the bold outline though. No offence

Are the drawings done on computer or have you first drawn and scanned ?

Sammy

Thumbs up Re: Jesus wept

WOW,

That is amazing, I can't even imagine drawing that let along using the computer for it.

Thanks for sharing that!

Mark