Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default problem with adding navbars and thumbnails into xsitepro website

hi guys,

i use xsite pro as my web design and am unable to put a navbar or expanding thumbnail into any webpages on a site i am developing. i have tried to copy the code into the source section of my site but nothing appears on the visble webpage. i can put the image on the wysiwhg editor but thats it, no rollover or expanding thumbnail happens. all the code saved from what webstyle generated is visible in the code source but it acts as an image.

anyone know how to do it ? or can it be done at all with xsite pro ?

help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

jamie

Default Re: problem with adding navbars and thumbnails into xsitepro website

Hi Jamie,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do.

What type of Webstyle project did you create?

Are you previewing your webpage in a browser or simply from the Xsite interface?

Do you have experience writing HTML code by hand?

To incorporate objects and javascript created by Webstyle into a webpage editor other than FrontPage and Dreamweaver can take some editing of the code to enable menus, photo albums functions, etc.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

hi bill,

thanks for the reply,

i have created a navbar with webstyle, a one which changes image shape when the cursor is pointed at it..

i have only viewed it within the xsitepro preview function not on internet explorer.

i can add basic code to make it work correctly- but dont know what to add as webstyle does not tell you this !

if you happen to know where to resourse it i would be very gratefull

thanks.

jamie

Hi Jamie,

Refer to the attached image below.

In the top window in the attached image you see the line of HTML that connects the javascript file into a web page. The example is very simple so that only the important code is shown.

You will need to copy the line from your Webstyle project and then paste it into the web pages you created using XSitePro.

Look at the second window in the image. The javascript file contains all the functions to load the images and respond to mouse over and click events.

You will need to edit the references to the web pages so that your page names are in the javascipt file. I have placed red boxes around the references in the example file I used.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WS-navbar.gif 
Views:	382 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	43364  
    Last edited by Soquili; 25 November 2007 at 12:29 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

thanks Bill,

will try this, i'm sure it will work out fine.

thanks so much.

jAMIE