Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Planet&text

Default Planet&text

Hello this is my first post so be gentle I have tried for some time without success to have a round ball...i.e. Earth spinning while having text spinning horizontaly around it can this be done with xara3D 6 if so could someone please help me learn how to do it, if it can't be done the also let me know and put me out of my misery.

Thnx learner.

Default Re: Planet&text

Mike is the man to consult on this also there has been quite a few others doing the same spinning globe like Ron Duke and Egg. Have a look here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ighlight=globe
    Design is thinking made visual.

This is something that I've looked at, too, and it is essentially the same issue that I met trying to make the hollow earth image. The text has to be built up in layered rings, because the back-curving text means that you have to be looking at the extruded sides of the shapes making it up.

The theory is very simple, just divide a line of text into a series of thin horizontal strips, and then convert or map each strip into a ring, with gaps between letter parts chopped out of the rings, and build up these gapped rings to re-render the text in Xara3D. In practice, the real problem is how to make the rings in the first place. Once you have the rings, the rest is really easy. I have a method in mind, but it is very time-consuming, and is akin to the mapping of vertical strips of the earth's surface onto the rings when I made the hollow earth images in the thread Albacore referred to.

I've never seriously tried to make such an image, but I have thought about how I would do it if I had sufficient motivation to try it.

Mike

Not exactly what you want but maybe a close alternative:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...7&postcount=39

Smile Re: Planet&text

Thanx for your help everyone seems complicated, as my name suggests I am new to this but am learning fast this however might be beyond my abilities at the moment but I will keep trying cheers.

Learner.