Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Urls on buttons.

hello there. i managed to make a picture for a game site i play, with some buttons attached to them. when people click on these buttons , it takes them to other peoples profiles in the game. ok my problem is, i came up with an idea to make a picture thats clickable but i want it to open another picture and not someones profile. say someone clicks on the picture , another will come up, but a picture i made. Example: a christmas gift picture, you click on it and another picture appears. thanks guys.
    Last edited by steven; 22 November 2007 at 11:16 AM.
    IP

Default Re: Urls on buttons.

Hi,

that's not to difficult;

instead of pointing to a htm,html,php file,
    you can point at a jpg,like
    http://www.yourdomain/yourfolder/yourpic.jpg

The tricky part is where it must load,nothing selected will open up in a new window.

Hans
    IP

i dont understand sorry mate. that link dosent work if i was ment to push it.
    IP

Steven,

Obviously Haakoo doesn't know where your picture is ........ You have to change the URL to the location of your picture.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

yeah sorry if im sounding confusing mate.
    i know how to add the urls for the sites but i wanna go back a frame on my picture if you know what i mean. i dont want the effect to be like click on it then it opens another page and finds the picture as i know how to do that. im after more like a mouse over effect, where it stays on the same page just the picture changes from one to another when you either click on it or mouse over effect.
    IP

What program are you using to do the HTML?
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

im using the latest xara xtreme 3.2. i use the web address bit to make my urls for my buttons. now if one can click on the picture to make it go to another site , well theres a way to make it go to a different picture but i dont get what the instructions are telling me. the instructions are in the xara xtreme help : flash animations : advanced flash commands : clickable objects ( buttons ). hope that helps.
    Last edited by steven; 22 November 2007 at 04:17 PM.
    IP

Steven,

I don't know the answer, but now I understand the question. I myself have some work to do along these lines with pictures and mouseovers etc.
    I will do some research and if I find out anything interesting/useful, I'll let you know.
    Keith
    IP

Steven,

What you're looking for is to give a web address of "Frame 3" and a target of "_frame".

I attach a very rough example. Frame 1 is the Background. Frame 2 has a ";Stop" command appended to the frame name. In this (and subsequent) frames there are the 4 buttons. Each button just sends the "timeline" to a different frame and stops.

Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gif.gif 
Views:	415 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	43314  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 22 November 2007 at 09:08 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Hey, that's really neat. I'm gonna look into this too for one of my projects. Now my question... can any effects be added to the way the picture opens, ?? i.e. rolling up like a shade, or a fade in and out effect?? And, as Steve is asking, to have those pictures change just by running the mouse over them and not having to click it??
    IP