Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Corel Painter Brush Pattern Problem HELP!!!

Suddenly my Corel Painer X has an issue... When I use the auto-painting feature or use some of my brushes (not all of them) it paints in the very obnoxious Hens and Chicks patterns. I do not have it open on my palette screen, nor have it selected, yet it keeps painting with it!! I tried closing, restarting, uninstalling, ect... and it still does it. How do I shut this feature off!?

Does anyone have an answer, or is my program simply corrupt. I called Corel but they couldn't help.

I'm in the middle of a painting and now I can't finish becaus eof this. Could someone PLEASE HELP!!!

Many thanks in advance!
    IP

Default Re: Corel Painter Brush Pattern Problem HELP!!!

On the colour palette make sure you have the clone colour set and the clone source is set to the correct image which must be open.

Christine
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMuse View Post
    Suddenly my Corel Painer X has an issue... When I use the auto-painting feature or use some of my brushes (not all of them) it paints in the very obnoxious Hens and Chicks patterns. I do not have it open on my palette screen, nor have it selected, yet it keeps painting with it!! I tried closing, restarting, uninstalling, ect... and it still does it. How do I shut this feature off!?

Does anyone have an answer, or is my program simply corrupt. I called Corel but they couldn't help.

I'm in the middle of a painting and now I can't finish becaus eof this. Could someone PLEASE HELP!!!

Many thanks in advance!
    Hi,

If you're Clone painting (Clone Color enabled) and you haven't specified another open image as the Clone Source (File > Clone Source, then check the file name of the image), Painter defaults to using the Current Pattern.

Hens and Chicks is first Pattern in the default Patterns library so when the default Patterns library is loaded, unless you choose another Pattern or specify another open image as the Clone Source, that's the Current Pattern Painter will use as the Clone Source.

If you don't intend to Clone Paint, and Clone Color is enabled (Clone Color icon is depressed at the bottom of the Colors palette), disable Clone Color by clicking the Clone Color icon (rubber stamp) at the bottom of the Colors palette, or click the U key to toggle Clone Color off (or on if you do want to Clone paint).

Jin
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

THANK U Christine and Jinny!! Very helpful... I think with my Thanxgiving preps all day, I became frazzled... and I thank u both. I think what my problem was is that I was working on the painting, closed it, then reopened it and tried just painting on it without selecting a source at first. I wanted to run a simple watercolor wash across the piece and wasn't able to do it - it kept giving me that Hens and Chicks pattern. (funny though - on a side note, after I uninstalled it and reinstalled, it didn't do that any longer... it just stopped painting)

So... if I do close the project, then reopen to work on it again... I need to either clone it, Quick clone, or just pick a source with the eye dropper... or with autopaint, quick clone ect... I guess I thought after I reopened it, I was able to just pick up a brush from the watercolor category and start the wash... BOY... Do I feel silly! Would that be correct...??

I usually finish a painting in one sitting... so I never reopened and started working on one again... So I guess it's like starting a whole new painting and using Clone or whatever ect...

I wish the both of you a VERY Happy Thanxgiving. If you were here in the LA area, I would ask the both of you over for some eggnog a drumstick or two! TAKE CARE!!!
    IP