Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Erase a scanned text

I am very much new to Photoshop and I got "Adobe Photoshop cs2 " got installed on my system.

I have scanned a document and I need to make changes to that by erasing some text( as it is printed incorrectly) and rewrite with correct word using the same font,with the same background and every thing as in the original scanned image( except the correction).

So please help.......
    IP

Default Re: Erase a scanned text

It depends a bit on the background, but usually you have to use the clone stamp and healing brushes. It is a good idea to do the correction on a new layer and check the assign to all layers when using the tools.
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

IP

hello gnruff,
    I already told that I am a layman in photoshop and now listen to requirement.

I have scanned a weatish coloured document and it contains some hand written text(black coloured) on the weatish background.

Now I want to erace that black text and retain the background.

please guide me from the scratch ....
    IP

This came from a tutorial I did from years back and also from the help files that come with PS. Never forget the power of PS's help files you can get answers very quickly!

Adobe Photoshop’s Background Eraser tool allows the user to obliterate the background graphics of any image. On the selected layer, the pixels are reduced to transparency as you drag. Various sampling and tolerance options can be used to control the range of transparency and boundary sharpness. It is grouped in with the eraser tool.

The various options of the background eraser are: -
    # The Discontiguous option is used to remove a sample color from the layer
    # The Contiguous option is used to erase connected areas having the sample color.
    # The Find Edges option also removes the connected area along with protecting the object’s edge sharpness.

Tolerance
    Tolerance controls the selection area of the sample color. A lesser value restricts the removal to hues very similar to the sampled color. A larger value removes a wider range of colors.

Sampling
    Choose Contiguous to select colors continuously on dragging. This option is used to erase connected areas having different colors.
    Opt for Once to remove only the color that was chosen first. This erases a solid area.
    Background Swatch erases only those areas having the current background color.
    Protect Foreground Color prevents the removal of areas that tally with the foreground color in the toolbox.

How to use
    Select the layer having the portion to be erased.
    Select an option of the background eraser tool.
    Choose the desired Tolerance level.
    Select the Sampling.
    Choose a background color. This will be the new background after the Background Eraser tool has done its job.
    Select the desired brush size and hardness by clicking on the Brush Options.
    Take care that the crosshair is never on one of the foreground objects.
    When you drag the brush in the active layer, the area under the cross hair is replaced by the new background color.

By the way this is one method of doing it there are many more. Some people buy a book and learn that way while others do a quick search with google. Sometimes I think the whole world has a copy of PS as there are thousands and thousands of tutorials out there.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP