Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default DEVELOP A site for college

I have non idea of the plan to design a site, I know C# and .NET and now i want to develop an allumni site for the college and i see that "yetanotherforum.net" is the best open source forum compatable for .NET environment( as I want to include forum in the site).I want to develop the site on windows not on linux and the security purposes will be taken care.Now what i want to know is how to start developing the site ,what should be my next step .The work till now what i have done is

1.I know what all should my site contain, i gathered all the information about this by observindg various allumnus sites

Now please help me to proceed in a good site development.

Default Re: DEVELOP A site for college

You're not asking for much, are you?

There's a lot of beginners tutorials out there - check out google.

Hello Anvesh,

The documentation for C# and .NET include information about how to use the tools you know to create web pages. Reading that documentation is the best place to start. Then as you have specific questions can get information from the C# forums available through the Microsoft MSDN site.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

ok
    thanks for that!.

anvesh, I strongly recommend you just pick one of the opensource CMS there are.

If you are only into .net I suggest you take a look at http://www.dotnetnuke.com/
    Know one thing; even if you are a brilliant asp.net developer to develop a web portal from scratch will take you several months. There will always be more bugs to find, not to speak about needing someone who knows graphical design and css.