Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XaraCaster

Default Re: XaraCaster

Simply amazing! I think you need to start making your own plectrums, like (I forget the name) did using Xara to create poker chips

That's a beautiful guitar... My father has an original 3 color sunburst Strat at home. They're beautiful guitars and your version is great. Did you use a wood image for the fill or is it one of the xara fills?

Very nice Guitar and Picks. Great work Sledger!
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by kmalsom View Post
    That's a beautiful guitar... My father has an original 3 color sunburst Strat at home. They're beautiful guitars and your version is great. Did you use a wood image for the fill or is it one of the xara fills?
    No bitmaps used at all - everything was created using the tools available in XaraXtreme.

I've attached a micro-tutorial to show my method for the woodgrain.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sledger,

Seriously, that has to be one of the best "drawings" I have ever seen. Hope that Gary includes it in a Featured Artist spot sometime ...... If you would like to stretch that to 1280 x 1024, I would love to use it as a desktop - if you don't mind.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks for all the good comments.. I'm pleased with the results
    I've created a few different views and uploaded them to a small gallery.
    Here

Some are quite large, you can resize or crop to suit your screen res' as desired.

Please feel free to share.
    Of course please ask me if you wish to use for anything other than personal viewing or wallpaper
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 15 November 2007 at 10:33 PM.

very nice indeed
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I love the guitar, but the background fractal fill is a bit too sharp and distracting for my taste. I would prefer a slightly softer sky so viewer's focus stay on the guitar.
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

Waw Sledge .. you never stop to amaze me with your talent .. this is a greate peace of artwork, well done!! The wood job is by far the best I have ever seen in Xara

but I must also say that I think that the background might not be the best choice for this one .. it's a little bit too much for the eyes. I would love to see your guitar on a softer background. But apart from that, its a A+++

Yes I think you're right about the Background. It was actually an after thought.

Have a look at the alternative images (also linked in my first post) most of which are on the default background colour I use for most of my work (easier on the eyes than a white sheet). Just click the thumbnails and see an enlarged version, then there's a link to the full sized (even larger) image enabling better view of the detail.

The original image was drawn at 700mm high, this gave me plenty of zoom depth for getting down to fine detail like the screw heads, pot knobs and chrome work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xaracaster_thumbs.png 
Views:	497 
Size:	292.9 KB 
ID:	43184