Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: animated gif

Hi All

This is my first time on.

I am creating a website and have an animated gif in the header with a navy background in the table. There is a fine white line on right side ONLY of my image (left side is perfect). What is the best way to save an animated gif in Xara X1 without the white outline??

many thanks
    Maria
    mpalma@sporte-leisure.com.au
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	header_tab1.gif 
Views:	383 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	7437  

Hi All

This is my first time on.

I am creating a website and have an animated gif in the header with a navy background in the table. There is a fine white line on right side ONLY of my image (left side is perfect). What is the best way to save an animated gif in Xara X1 without the white outline??

many thanks
    Maria
    mpalma@sporte-leisure.com.au

Turn off Anti-alaising.

Hello Maria,

As Mike said, you can turn off anti-aliasing, but then the edges will be a bit jagged. If you make your gif whole pixels (ie, 123 X 75 pixles instead of 123.5 X 75) the jagged part is usually where xara has to fill in with the background color where your graphic falls short of whole pixels. Also putting your graphic on the same color background will eliminate the "jaggies" for irregular shapes.

With the anti aliance turned off, how do you make an animated gif transparent? When I export animated gif I don't get the option to check the 'transparent' button like I do when I export a regular gif.

Thanks-
    Meia

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> When I export animated gif I don't get the option to check the 'transparent' button like I do when I export a regular gif.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And all this time, I thought there were no options for exporting animated gif's. I kept looking for a window that looked just like the regular export options. That was too easy! Gee... I'm such a greenhorn!

Thanks for the timely response- I would be hard pressed to find a forum with such help other than here! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Appreciative,
    Meia

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Bailey:
    Turn off Anti-alaising. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank-you for the quick responses. I am really impressed with talkgraphics.

I will give this a go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Rayner:
    Hello Maria,

As Mike said, you can turn off anti-aliasing, but then the edges will be a bit jagged. If you make your gif whole pixels (ie, 123 X 75 pixles instead of 123.5 X 75) the jagged part is usually where xara has to fill in with the background color where your graphic falls short of whole pixels. Also putting your graphic on the same color background will eliminate the "jaggies" for irregular shapes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi John

Thanks for that...interesting.
    Never really gave the pixel size much thought, in terms of the quality of the gif.

Hopefully we helped you a bit with your website.