Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have successfully created and tested a web page in FP 2000 with Webstyle graphics and as a disk based web.

BUT when I publish (even on my own PC) FP does not resolve the graphics pointers. The project files are all in some folder called My Web Graphics. I have copied them into FP (via import) but cannot get FP to use them??

I have run recalculate hyperlinks etc but still have the problem

Regards

Tony Randell

I have successfully created and tested a web page in FP 2000 with Webstyle graphics and as a disk based web.

BUT when I publish (even on my own PC) FP does not resolve the graphics pointers. The project files are all in some folder called My Web Graphics. I have copied them into FP (via import) but cannot get FP to use them??

I have run recalculate hyperlinks etc but still have the problem

Regards

Tony Randell

Hi Trandel,

Ok, go to this folder called My Web Graphics all you need is in here...

open FP and use the "import" web option... select to import from a folder on your PC and navigate to this folder and the particular folder with your website in it...

this will import it into FP for you and you can begin to edit from here...

Be aware though you have components that, if double clicked on will open webstyle4 in order you edit from within ws4..

These components do not behave like normal so go lightly until you know how they work..

Hope this gives you a starter..

Cheers

If you do not use front page to "import" the files, the reletive path is unchanged. I use F.P.2002 and DreamweaverMX 2004. but to transfer files, especially a page that uses an xara template, I use an ftp client. A page created with the templates in Xara usually has an associated _files folder. When I ftp the folder and the page to the same folder on the server, the relationship of the graphic to the page is unchanged.
    Be aware you cannot edit an xara item "Live" in Front Page. That means you must edit the file on your computer and upload it again. Kinda takes a lot of Front Page functionality away. I'd much rather open a page, make an edit, close it and go back to whatever... maybe Xara will be able to figue it out someday,I hope.
    To be fair to Xara, their software needs to work with many editors, and it is no small thing they have undertaken.

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...8965#573108965

Check out this other post, it explains why my nav bars didn't show up, and how I fixed it.