Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: VectorMagic Bitmap Tracer

Wow, Egg, is that converter ever a cool utility! Thanks for the heads up on that!
    -=Bob=-

Bob,

I get p****d off opening up Illustrator just to do a file conversion so I did an search for an on-line converter and came up with this one.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Couldn't agree more on that one. The bloat-boat can stay in dry-dock as far as I'm concerned.

Inkscape loads quite fast for me, so is a much better choice than Illustrator.

Which one Egg?

Gary

CS2 Gary. I go and make a cup of coffee!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sorry Egg, I meant the conversion utility and I see that you posted it on page 1 of the thread. Amazing the things that are on line.

I did a Magic Vector trace of a GIF bitmap of a logo I designed years ago. I traced the same logo in Illustrator CS3 with Live Trace and included the results in the attached PDF file.

What is really incredible is when you look at page 2 of the PDF. The Magic Vector trace is smooth and accurate and only one object for each of the text characters and the elements of the logo. The Illustrator is all across the board.

If the logo had been 300dpi at the size I traced, I would expect Illustrator to do a much more accurate trace. But the fact that it was 96dpi and anti-aliased and Magic Vector did as clean a job as it did is pretty incredible.

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

looks good, but I dislike using internet services. takes to long. INKSCAPE's tracing facility is as good, i think and i already have it and don't have to open a browser etc.

geo.
    “Beauty consists in a certain luster and proportion” - Aquinas