Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why can't we place the Color Line vertically?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMyWords View Post
    ...Now if we could get that button onto the colour editor...
    EXCELLENT IDEA! (Shouting, in order to possibly draw the dev's attention to it.) And there just happens to be room right under the color picker for such a button. The hotkey idea is also good.

I don't have the colour line onscreen at all
    So how did you remove it from your screen?
    Rubem Pechansky

Shift+L

Doh, silly question
    Rubem Pechansky

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Thumbs down Re: Why can't we place the Color Line vertically?

I don't have the colour line onscreen at all. I much prefer to use the custom colour editor when I need it. 90% of the colours I use are shades or tints of colours already onscreen and I have to play with the custom colour editor to get the initial colours I'm happy with in the first place.

I just wish there were two colour pickers, one for lines and one for fills or even the left and right click convention. That bloody dropdown list drives me up the wall after the thousandth time of having to swap from line to fill colour ARRGH!
    I couldn't agree more!

There's room enough for both to be visible in the color dialog. This was requested as an upgrade, or to be fixed many releases ago.

WITH ONLY TWO CHOICES IN THE MENU, WHY THE HECK SHOULD YOU HAVE TO SCROLL FOR ONE OF THEM?
    Last edited by wW; 14 November 2007 at 06:56 PM.
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

I could make a list of dozens of usability improvement items like this, and I'm sure many of you could do the same. Most seem to require a relatively small coding effort and don't affect any graphic functionality or tools, yet may have a great impact on usability and enhance the perception of a "pro" tool. Wouldn't it be great if we put together such a list to help the Xara development team (provided they include them in a forthcoming release, of course)?
    Rubem Pechansky

Well here's mine;

Line/fill toggle on the colour editor.

Make all the line functions available for ALL the line tools or at least give them hotkeys.

Assign Hotkeys for favourite line shapes/types.

Align icons similar to those used by most other programs. That align box is just too clunky.

Drag and drop into the clipart gallery, better management tools for gallery folders.

Nested layers.

Line/fill toggle on the colour editor. *Agreed*

Align icons similar to those used by most other programs. That align box is just too clunky. *Agreed*

Drag and drop into the clipart gallery, better management tools for gallery folders. *Agreed*

Nested layers. *Agreed*

I'd like to add one:
    Select ALL INSTANCES of a single colour eg: alt+click colour selects all shapes globaly that uses the same colour (click either on colourline or one shape with colour that you want globally selected). This could additionally cause the colour editor to popup enabling you to make colour changes?

Align icons similar to those used by most other programs. That align box is just too clunky.
    I prefer the align box the way it is. It's takes me more effort to read through all those similar icons in other apps to make sure I hit the right one.

What I really, really, really want in the alignment toolset is the option to align to selected object.

Here is a partial list of favorites. Some of them look pretty easy to implement.

• Quick export button and shortcut: option to skip bitmap export dialog, just maintain last settings
    • Sort filters according to extension or alphabetically in Open / Save As dialogs
    • Change color units (Percent vs 0-255) in the Color Editor itself
    • Layers: "solo" buttons -- make only one layer visible at a time when pressed
    • Add 300% and 400% to zoom drop-down
    • In a multi-page document: export numbered images from all (or selected) multiple pages: e.g. export1.png, export2.png, etc.
    Rubem Pechansky