Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cup of coffee?

Default Re: Cup of coffee?

Excellent work that puts the viewer in a nice mood.
    Sven-Ingvar

Great work, but the thing that's wrong with the reflection of the cup is that you can see the top of the cup, the reflection would be looking "up" at the cup, if you see what I mean.

yes, you would actually see just the brim of the cup... but, it is only a slight, fixable issue in an otherwise incredible illustration I keep coming back to look at it.

Hmmm.. I see what you guys mean about the reflection .. but what would be the best way to fix this? I guess a quick way would be to crop it a little bit .. any tips for making this reflection look right is always wellcome ^^
    I will poste a new version when I have time to work on it

thanks again everyone!

Very nice work... beautiful peace, thanx for sharing the wire-frame view too.

Yes very well done but I too am troubled by the right hand side of the beaker/mug/cup should it not have a curve on it, like the left hand side ?
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

I thought the distortion in the reflection was deliberate LOL!.

Well if you want to get a more natural reflection, even the tilted silhouette of the cup will work here I think. To use the shape of the cup reflection and keep the detail, just redraw the fill; take out the top ellipse (the part of the view looking into the top of the cup) redraw/reverse the curve of the coffee itself to match the new rim and extend the side reflections up to the rim.

Proper perspective would need a completely redrawn reflection, but that may not be necessary. distortion can be stylish if it looks deliberate. You could try and fade the reflection out or just fade the details out, before it gets to the worst 'offending' parts.

Sorry for the 'roughness' of the retouch here, not much time, but you can see what I'm getting at I hope?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Senseo S retouched.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	43098  
    Last edited by MarkMyWords; 12 November 2007 at 03:22 PM.

Yes thanks a lot for this .. I think I'm going to try a fade-out or something like that .. I must say I didn't really put much thought in this reflection .. but I see now that I should have ^^ well .. that's why I'm here ^^ learning learning ... thanks again!

Well here is a little update .. I think this is going to be my final version ^^
    Thanks again everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Senseo 3 S.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	43114  

Sorry Thor, the reflection should show the rim of the cup and the line of the coffee as convex (as per Marks post) and not concave as your final version.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.