Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Importing Text Problems

Hi,

When we are importing text from a web browser and importing the text into Corel, the text is defaulting back, we have changed the warning to maintain font and formatting but it still defaults back to default artist text.

If you paste the text in a word processor than copy that then past back into Corel it works great.

So basically is there a way to paste the text from the browser to Corel without the need to copy into a word processor first?

Please help!!

Thanks
    Zack
    IP

Default Re: Importing Text Problems

Hi Zack.

I wouldn't copy and paste directly from a web page. There is too much junk that travels with it. In all honesty, pasting it first into another application and then into your design program is best. I personally use a basic text editor, like Notepad.

You could try a Paste Special if you want to continue with a direct paste into Corel. Just select Text as your option when you do.

Best of luck,

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Thanks.

Trouble is I need to keep the colour/font and spacing when the text is pasted, all this is stripped when placed into a simple text editor.

This is all I am doing all day ( I know boring job ) but every job maybe different in text styles and going from one package to another is just frustrating.

There must be a way!!!

Thanks
    Zack
    IP

Another idea: Use the print function of your Web Browser and print into a PDF file with a PDF software like Win2PDF. After that, import the PDF into CorelDRAW.

Regards,
    Remi
    IP

Good idea, but I would be printing the whole page then, and I only need to grab the text also it needs to be re-sized once imported into Corel, so keeping the text as vector.

Driving me crazy I thought there maybe an extension in Firefox to produce this, but I think the problem is with Corel not with the cutting of the text as when you import into a word processor all the attributes with the text are already there.

Anymore ideas please??
    IP

I use a great Firefox Add-On to grab text from a website: Aardvark

btw: Please don't use this Add-On to steal content from websites. Each website has a copyright owner.

Remi
    IP

Zack, I think you're talking apples and oranges. You could try saving the web page as HTML and importing that into Corel.

I agree with Remi though, don't steal content from someone else's website. If it's your website, best of luck!

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by zack1972 View Post
    Thanks.

Trouble is I need to keep the colour/font and spacing when the text is pasted, all this is stripped when placed into a simple text editor.

This is all I am doing all day ( I know boring job ) but every job maybe different in text styles and going from one package to another is just frustrating.

There must be a way!!!

Thanks
    Zack
    Perhaps you already have some kind of plugin installed for this, but it isn't a default Windows action to capture rich-text-formatting to the clipboard from a selected area of a webpage.
    IP

No its our company website, customers type in a text box picking there colour/font then we print there personalised message.

Our job is to go to our CMS and cut and paste customers personalised messages.

So do you think that plug in would work? I had a quick look at it but it did not seem to be able to just cut sections of text.

Yes it could be a setting in windows, but the fact the attributes are all there when you paste into a word processor makes you think not.
    IP

That's interesting!

A couple of questions for you then . . . if they are typing in a text box on your website, are you storing the data somewhere in a database? Is it being emailed to you? I'm curious how your getting the customers input in the text box to a page on your website.

Several of us are also web developers here at TG, we may be able to give you some more insight.

Red

IP