Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Graphics experts!! Help needed

hi,
    i have two graphics files which contain a letterhead and a logo but the problem is they are in EPS and .dat extensions. i tried a few softwares didnt work. can anyone kindly help me with this one.. so do u have suggestions for any softwares i could use to convert them into JPEG,or gif or BMP..
    preferably free software..

Help would be appreciated,
    thanks..

Default Re: Graphics experts!! Help needed

Try IrfanView.

it doesn't list .dat but will display it if it can and if the wrong extension was applied will tell you what it should be.

I've also seen WORDPERFECT use .dat extensions, it's possible that it may open in Wordperfect.

If I remember rightly, "Ghostview" is a free .eps viewer, I have just run a quick check - There are download links and installation instructions here. http://www.usq.edu.au/users/leis/not...ghostview.html - Not sure if you can convert them, but you should at least be able to view them.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

.dat is often used as a generic suffix for "data" by lots of programs. How did you come by them?