Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Drifting Thunder

Here's an illustration 100% completed in XaraXtremePro with the use of only one live effect (Flaming Pears' Flood) for the road surface. Everything else was done by hand.
    The subject is one I'm becoming more and more familiar with due to my son rebuilding one of these 1985/6 Toyota Sprinter 'Trueno' hatchbacks.

This was created over a period of about ten days during spare time and represents the most detailed and complex drawing I've so far done using XaraXtreme.
    I used 23 layers, each panel, body kit, lights, wheels, decals ect were on their own layer. This is how I 'built-up' the picture by drawing one-layer at a time. I found this a most satisfying project.

Although these racing-spec cars have no headlights etc, their pop-up covers are in the half raised 'sleepy' position (as it is known), a typical pose when cars of this type are photographed or on show.

The front wheels are in a negative camber position, eg: / \ , which increases grip in cornering.

*Trueno is Spanish for Thunder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twinthunder.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	42908  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 29 May 2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: full res link removed

Default Re: Drifting Thunder

Great work Sledger. I can never understand the fixation with cars / car restoration etc but I really enjoyed visiting your sons (?) photo gallery of the rebuild.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

That's a spectacular rendition.

Sledger..... one word, Fantasterrific!!!! I would have to say, 10 days well spent, as well as quite the rewarding and completely satisfying result of the time involved. I am extremely impressed.
    May your son's project prove to be just as rewarding for him.
    I'm currently eyeing a couple of Ford Torino GT's, myself for my son and I to begin as a Father n son restoration. He has confiscated all the photos of the one I had and is holding them ransom until we get one.... (that's my boy )
    If you happen to see one of the "Mad Max" stunt doubles stickin outta a pile of sand over there, please kindly let me know

A real 5 star job you have been hiding your talent under a bush
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman

Thanks for your comments..

Here's the wire frame view
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trueno_wireframe.png 
Views:	515 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	42916  

Superb job, Sledger, those wheels are awesome.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Very impressive work Sledger.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Excellent work, really impressive.

very nice work
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...