Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Drifting Thunder

Here's an illustration 100% completed in XaraXtremePro with the use of only one live effect (Flaming Pears' Flood) for the road surface. Everything else was done by hand.
    The subject is one I'm becoming more and more familiar with due to my son rebuilding one of these 1985/6 Toyota Sprinter 'Trueno' hatchbacks.

This was created over a period of about ten days during spare time and represents the most detailed and complex drawing I've so far done using XaraXtreme.
    I used 23 layers, each panel, body kit, lights, wheels, decals ect were on their own layer. This is how I 'built-up' the picture by drawing one-layer at a time. I found this a most satisfying project.

Although these racing-spec cars have no headlights etc, their pop-up covers are in the half raised 'sleepy' position (as it is known), a typical pose when cars of this type are photographed or on show.

The front wheels are in a negative camber position, eg: / \ , which increases grip in cornering.

*Trueno is Spanish for Thunder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twinthunder.jpg 
Views:	552 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	42908  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 29 May 2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: full res link removed