Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Font Identification Help

I have a project requiring a retro styled font which seems impossible to track down.

Although I have an extensive collection I still needed to spend (the last two hours) searching the best font sites I haunt. No luck (although I have somehow managed to increase the size of my collection)

If anyone can recognise and name this font I'd be very grateful
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	font.png 
Views:	420 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	42893  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 03 November 2007 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Better image

Default Re: Font Identification Help

Hi

Hopefully not a problem

try the following link

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

I've uploaded your image and their automatic system fails to recognise it so I've loaded it up on the forum

If you watch

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/f...aitforit=98885

you will see your solution - so far they have always suceeded for me.

The comes your real problem - finding the font without parting with lots of money

HTH

Ian

Might be a modified font.

Have you tried DaFont?

It is a source of free fonts and you might be able to find something that is very close to this font.

There is one type designer who has done a lot of very excellent retro fonts Nick's Fonts which is also on the DaFont site.

But depending on what you have to do, this looks like a fairly easy font to replicate. Maybe that is the best way to go?

Gary
    Last edited by gwpriester; 03 November 2007 at 12:10 PM.

abstract fonts (http://www.abstractfonts.com/) is another source with lots of fonts and a viewer so you can type in the words you want and browse through the fonts to see how they look.

Yep - tried those font sites, actually Dafont has been my first port of call for quite some time now when looking for the unsual.
    I've also tried several other font sites and spent way too much time looking, it will I think be much faster to recreate what I need by hand in this case.

I was just hopeful that someone would recognise it straight away - I've had enough of searching....
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 04 November 2007 at 12:29 AM.

Hi

According to the font gurus at what the font here's youranswer

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/apple/techno/techno/

HTH

Ian

That's close, but you can get closer at Identifont.com. They aren't perfect, either, as seen by looking at the lower case 'o:' Briem Akademi Bold Condensed Oblique or Linotype Rory Oblique. Maybe Identifont will be of more help in your future searches. Try it, it's real easy.

You are looking for the Mac TrueType font named Techno.ttf. It was included with both Mac OS 8.6 and 9.x, I don't think it's available for PC. Go to a Mac friend of yours and ask for the font suitcase. Install CrossFont, register it ($45.00, runs under Windows XP, 2000, 2003, NT and Vista), and convert the Mac font for non-profit purpose to Techno.ttf for Windows. Perhaps your friend doesn't have the Techno, well, buy it. Good luck!

Anders
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TechnoFont.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	42945  

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Lightbulb Re: Font Identification Help

Sledger, Another option would be to take several letters & finish them off as if the next letter touching it were removed or un-kerned so the letters don't touch. Connect the dots so to speak, then open those letters in "What the font" to find a similar font. Once you find one, you can kern them back together in Xara.
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Question to Sledger.

Would you like to have access to font Apple techno.ttf for Windows and for personal use only? When converted and ready I can make it available for you in a private message.

Please let me know.

Cheers, Anders