Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Problems importing a bitmap

Hi
    I have been trying to import a bitmap of a brochure into Xara3D so I can animate it. I am using Xara Xtreme Pro to export the bitmap as a wmf or emf. However, when I attempt to import I into Xara3D I am getting the message which states that it cannot be imported as the picture does not contain any outlines.

I am new to Xara3D and Xara Xtreme Pro, and I'm sure I must be doing something wrong.

Can you help me with this. I've attached the bitmap I am trying to animate (simple rotate animation)

Kind Regards

Colin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brochure_front.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	215.1 KB 
ID:	42881  

Default Re: Problems importing a bitmap

Hi, Colin, there are a couple of stickies at the top of this forum that should give you the basic info you need to do what you want. Essentially, Xara3D needs a vector object to start with, and you can then apply your bitmap to it. Think of the vector object as a 3D canvas on which to paint your bitmap. Then spin the canvas.

Merely importing a bitmap into XaraXtreme, then exporting it as a .xar file doesn't convert it into a vector, and that is why Xara3D doesn't find any outlines. Draw a rectangle in XaraXtreme, the same aspect ratio as your image, and export that to Xara3D, then apply your bitmap to it in Xara3D with the texture tool.

See how you get on, and if you have more specific queries, we can help.

Mike

Smile Re: Problems importing a bitmap

Hi Mike

many thanks for the help. It's greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Colin