Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Compiling Xara fails with errors

Hi,

As per advice from http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...35&postcount=9 I am trying to build Xara against WxWidgets 2.8.4
    The build fails with the following error messages:

make[1]: Map '/home/koos/tar/tmp/XaraLX-0.7r1783' wordt binnengegaan
    g++ --start-group Kernel/libKernel.a wxOil/libwxOil.a tools/libTools.a wxXtra/libwxXtra.a --end-group --debug -L./libs/x86 -pthread -lwx_gtk2u_aui-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_html-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.8 -lwx_baseu_xml-2.8 -lwx_baseu_net-2.8 -lwx_baseu-2.8 -L/usr/lib -lxml2 -lz -lm -lCDraw -o XaraLX
    wxOil/libwxOil.a(libwxOil_a-camelot.o): In function `CCamApp:nTimer(wxTimerEvent&)':
    /home/koos/tar/tmp/XaraLX-0.7r1783/wxOil/camelot.cpp:2120: undefined reference to `Camelot'
    /home/koos/tar/tmp/XaraLX-0.7r1783/wxOil/camelot.cpp:2120: undefined reference to `Application::ServiceRendering(int)'
    wxOil/libwxOil.a(libwxOil_a-camelot.o): In function `CCamApp::HandleKeyPress(wxKeyEvent&)':
    /home/koos/tar/tmp/XaraLX-0.7r1783/wxOil/camelot.cpp:1326: undefined reference to `Document::GetSelected()'
    /home/koos/tar/tmp/XaraLX-0.7r1783/wxOil/camelot.cpp:1327: undefined reference to `Document::GetSelected()'
    /home/koos/tar/tmp/XaraLX-0.7r1783/wxOil/camelot.cpp:1327: undefined reference to `Document::SetCurrent()'
    /home/koos/tar/tmp/XaraLX-0.7r1783/wxOil/camelot.cpp:1328: undefined reference to `DocView::GetSelected()'
    /home/koos/tar/tmp/XaraLX-0.7r1783/wxOil/camelot.cpp:1329: undefined reference to `DocView::GetSelected()'
    /home/koos/tar/tmp/XaraLX-0.7r1783/wxOil/camelot.cpp:1329: undefined reference to `DocView::SetCurrent()'
    wxOil/libwxOil.a(libwxOil_a-camelot.o): In function `CCamApp:nFilePrintSetup()':
    /home/koos/tar/tmp/XaraLX-0.7r1783/wxOil/camelot.cpp:1265: undefined reference to `Document::GetSelected()'
    /home/koos/tar/tmp/XaraLX-0.7r1783/wxOil/camelot.cpp:1266: undefined reference to `DocView::GetSelected()'
    /home/koos/tar/tmp/XaraLX-0.7r1783/wxOil/camelot.cpp:1268: undefined reference to `View::GetConnectionToOilView() const'

And a thousand more of those...
    Can anyone tell me where to go from here?
    FYI: I'm on SuSE 10.3

Thanks,
    Koos
    IP

Default Re: Compiling Xara fails with errors

Those types of errors are usually because of dependencies. Have you checked the list of Prerequisites from the build instructions?

Prerequisites

I run Ubuntu 7.10 ("Gutsy") which is fairly modern, but I had to download half of that list I show in my link above.

The only thing I see that you MAY also have to build is wxWidgets >= 2.6. wxWidgets can be another long list of dependencies. Fortunately, I already have wxWidgets 2.8.

The default make will give you XaraLX without a long list of import/export features, but hey, the only things I have found that I can count on is the Adobe Illustrator .ai file format (but you lose all your color, gradiants info) or the .png -- usually how I use Xara.

Xara is a package .deb in the Gutsy release of Ubuntu. I built it to make sure I got the benefit of 64-bit.
    Last edited by victor_charlie; 16 November 2007 at 08:12 PM.
    IP

If I installed Xara from a .package, can I still install the xaralx-svg package from the repositories?
    IP

I did install the svg module from the repositories. My distro is debian based. With the module, Xara acts like the file you are viewing does export. However, nothing I know of will open that svg file. The only vector-based file format that I've found is the Adobe .ai and I lose all color information.
    IP