Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XX1 bug reports

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but it there an "official" way to submit XX1 bug reports? support@xara.com or bugs@xara.com?

Anyway: on both my machines, running W2K and XP, I have these XX1 problems:

A. I now often lose the ability to see an object in wireframe when it has no outline. So I must *give* these objects an unwanted outline to work with them in wireframe! Very annoying.

B. Paste-in-place with Ctrl-Shift V often does not work, so I must use duplicate with no offset instead.

Xara, please look at these things.
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but it there an "official" way to submit XX1 bug reports? support@xara.com or bugs@xara.com?

Anyway: on both my machines, running W2K and XP, I have these XX1 problems:

A. I now often lose the ability to see an object in wireframe when it has no outline. So I must *give* these objects an unwanted outline to work with them in wireframe! Very annoying.

B. Paste-in-place with Ctrl-Shift V often does not work, so I must use duplicate with no offset instead.

Xara, please look at these things.
    K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)

Another bug: I installed the latest 1.1.c update on my W2K box yesterday, it worked fine and updated in jiffy. But on my XP laptop (running SP2), the update-installer app claims it cannot find my XX1 installation, and it exits without letting me direct it to any folder. The previous 1.1a and 1.1b updates worked fine - but that was before I had gone SP2. All else seems to work great with the SP2, though, so I have no particular reason to suspect SP2.
    K

i installed the update yesterday on my laptop running xp with sp1 and sp2 with no problems. maybe try downloading the update again on a fresh reboot and then try installing update. i had that problem with other software updates and seemed to work just fine.

hope that helps
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Mike, since the same file worked on my W2K but not on the XP, the file cannot be at fault. I'll now reinstall 1.1CD and reapply the 1.1a update - and see if my no-wireframe and paste-in-place problems disappear. Those are bad, bad bugs!
    K

From the Xara Support page:
    "To contact Xara directly, just click the Contact Support link on the Knowledge Base pages."

HAH HAH. Funny joke. Where is this fabled link???
    K

Klaus,

The contact button is on the grey bar at the bottom of the knowledgebase screen - it is actually labelled contact us rather than contact support.

In fact the contact us at the bottom of the TG screen goes to the same place.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Guys,

You should agreed that XX1 is still very unripe product. So I am running on good "old" XX http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Stability and bugs-free are the most important to me.

I don't want to hurt any feelings of Xara team, but their last version just uncompleted.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Right, so the contact support link is not called what they say. Smart.

I have now honed in on the source of the no-wireframe bug: those objects had a stroke/pressure profile other than Constant - the normal, straight line. It turns out that whenever any other stroke/pressure profile is applied - the wireframe totally disappears. A nasty bug to fix ASAP, for sure!!!

alexander, yes, it seems you are right - XX1 still needs tweaking.
    K