Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Photoimpact in VISTA - HELP

I did download the "trial" version of PI 12 and when I went to open it - the window that popped up said "Limited User - in essence I had to activate to use". Is that tacky or what?

I will check out the program you suggested - thanks. I am so upset about PI that I could just scream.

Arlexda
    IP

I second Sledgers post ...... If you want graphic software, Xara is very difficult to beat.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Smile Re: Photoimpact in VISTA - HELP

Thanks - after your first posting suggesting Xara, I have been going through the Xara Extreme tutorials and it looks like it can do all the things that PI can do. I really do like it so far.

Arlexda.
    IP

Default Re: Photoimpact 10 in VISTA - HELP

When I open PI 10 in Vista Home Premium - I get a little message that says "can't update registry - try going to regedit". Now, what does that mean?

However, PI 10 continues to load.

I can load the presets in PI 10 but, you have to let them fall where they may. The presets do work so far.

I re-opened PI 10 this morning and the presets are still there so, just MAYBE!!

Any suggestions as to what "can't update registry - try going to regedit" means - and how to go about fixing this?

Arlexda
    IP

Try this:

Right-Click the PhotoImpact launch icon and select 'run as administrator'..
    IP

Thanks - I don't get the message anymore but, all the presets that I had loaded have now disappeared.

I opened PI 10 prior to doing what you said to do "run as Admin" and they were there.

Do I just add them in again now and see if they will hold?????

Arlexda
    IP

Talking Re: Photoimpact in VISTA - HELP

Forget my last email - I think there is a ghost in this machine.

I went back to check again re: presets and they are there again - what gives?

Arlexda
    IP

Um... yea, PI is way too good not to have up and running properly... I would stick to XP for all the win goods and maybe go for a new mac running 10.5 for all those OS wishes
    IP

IP

Hey... what's wrong with having more than one os, or having more than one computer, or having more than one application or set of tools for the job?

I have used PI since v4, and thus I feel that it is an important set of tools for one to have up and running... keep running with XP, or win98 or whatever works for you...

and when you are finished your win tasks, then play around with the new mac too... why not?

If you have an opinion on this Sledger, then type it out man... look forward to reading such...

btw, this is the PI board right?

thanks
    IP