Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Unhappy Photoimpact in VISTA - HELP

Is there going to be any hope that PhotoImpact will ever run in VISTA?

My new computer has VISTA Home Premium OS. I have installed PI 7 using the compatibility wizard but, it will not let me re-load the presets, I can however, do text as long as I use the presets that are there, I can crop, resize photos, and fine tune them.

I do have PI 10 and so far, I can add the presets and create text, crop, resize photos and fine tune them but, that is as far as I have gotten.

Will PI 12 work?

I know that I could partition my hard drive to load Win XP back on - that is if I knew how!

I create website designs and graphics and I am lost without PI. Is there any suggestions re: what I can use that will work like PI or in place of PI if Ulead or Corel does not create updates for PI so the will work in VISTA Home Premium???

I can't believe that Corel, Ulead or Microsoft would let this problem slide with such great PI programs. I do know that VISTA (from experience) was released a bit prematurely. I also know that PI 7 is no longer supported but we can always hope that they will resolve these issues so we can continue to use these great programs even if they are an older version. PI 7 is my favorite.

Arlexda
    Last edited by Arlexda; 29 October 2007 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Need to add Microsoft to the list
    IP