Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Photoimpact in VISTA - HELP

Is there going to be any hope that PhotoImpact will ever run in VISTA?

My new computer has VISTA Home Premium OS. I have installed PI 7 using the compatibility wizard but, it will not let me re-load the presets, I can however, do text as long as I use the presets that are there, I can crop, resize photos, and fine tune them.

I do have PI 10 and so far, I can add the presets and create text, crop, resize photos and fine tune them but, that is as far as I have gotten.

Will PI 12 work?

I know that I could partition my hard drive to load Win XP back on - that is if I knew how!

I create website designs and graphics and I am lost without PI. Is there any suggestions re: what I can use that will work like PI or in place of PI if Ulead or Corel does not create updates for PI so the will work in VISTA Home Premium???

I can't believe that Corel, Ulead or Microsoft would let this problem slide with such great PI programs. I do know that VISTA (from experience) was released a bit prematurely. I also know that PI 7 is no longer supported but we can always hope that they will resolve these issues so we can continue to use these great programs even if they are an older version. PI 7 is my favorite.

Arlexda
    Last edited by Arlexda; 29 October 2007 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Need to add Microsoft to the list
    IP

Default Re: Photoimpact in VISTA - HELP

Yes there are always casualties when operating systems are updated. It's nothing to do with Vista being premature, it's simply a new operating system that old (legacy) software can't operate under. You old software needs to write things to the registry for example that Vista simply won;t allow (in the old way).. That's why software companies also release updates, to ensure their software can work under the new (operating) system.

No need to partition and install XP (which will destroy your Vista boot record in anycase - fine the other way around though, install XP 1st Vista 2nd)

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/icons/icon3.gif You can download Microsofts free VirtualPC 2007 (google it)..
    Once you have VPC installed, start it from the Vista desktop icon & install WindowsXP as a Virtual Operating system.
    This will allow you to run XP from the Vista desktop and install legacy software such as you are using.

Oh yes, did I mention MS VirtualPC 2007 is free
    IP

Thank you - this is wonderful. I didn't know about this program.

Arlexda
    IP

Okay - I downloaded the VirtualPC 2007 and now I noticed that VirtualPC 2007 says it will run on Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows XP Professional, or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition. No mention of Vista Home Premium which is what I have.

The download worked although there was not shortcut on the desktop or no mention of the program in my list of Programs. I did a search for it (found shortcut).

At any rate, it will go through the process asking you the appropriate questions. At one point, a little menu came up and said that "the VirtualPC 2007 - in essence wasn't for my OE but, that it could be used on other OE systems but, MS will not support it.

Does this mean that I can't use the VirtualPC 2007 unless I update my VISTA to one of the other, more expensive versions of VISTA OE systems?

If I can't use it here without upgrading - then now what?

Arlexda
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Arlexda View Post
    Is there going to be any hope that PhotoImpact will ever run in VISTA?

Arlexda

Yes Photo Impact 12 does run using Vista!
    This issue has been discussed many times at
    http://p085.ezboard.com/fpirc67276frm4

(Photoimpact International help forum) and many people there are using it.
    If you join there you will be able to read the many posts
    IP

Thank you - I tried to find that information re: PI in Vista on the Ulead and Corel site but there was no mention of it working in VISTA.

Thanks again for all your help,
    Arlexda
    IP

IP

I downloaded the trial version of PhotoImpact 12 onto my new computer that has Windows Vista Home Premium. It wouldn't work properly at all for me.
    The program would load, but it would immediately freeze up.
    I was hoping it would work for me as it certainly doesnt' work with Photoimpact 11 either...
    I had high hopes for Vista but it really doesn't seem to be any more intuitive or useful than XP.
    - Andy
    IP

I went on the Photoimpact International site and it seems that there are a lot of people having problems with PI12 working in VISTA.

Maybe they will come up to a solution but, in the meantime - this has put a sprag in my creating efforts.

Anybody got any ideas re: a replacement program that works similar to PI. I have to have a program like this to create website graphics.

Arlexda
    IP

Being a member of TalkGraphics, I'm sure your attention has at some time be brought to XaraXtreme or XaraXtremePro?
    Both of which work fine in Vista.

100% suited and ideal for Web Graphics - just look at Xaras home site which is created using their own software.
    IP