Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Something strange is happening with the Wings themeset. Have a look at the two test pages below.

http://www.nashvillescrooge.com/test/page1.html

http://www.nashvillescrooge.com/test/page2.html

A 17 inch monitor set at 1024x768 resolution (on a WinXP box) was used to test these pages.

Take note that page1.html fits the screen as one would expect. Even if you reduce the size to the window the page adjusts to fit. No problem here.

However:

Note that page2.html does NOT fit the screen. The top heading bar and the horizontal menu bar stretch to the right causing the index_header.gif ("Your Heading Text") to move off the screen. One has to use the horizontal scroll bar to see it all.

Any ideas?? Maybe it has something to do with the two additional horizontal menu items??

===========================================
    Also, though not related I think.

In the first table, first row, third cell, a class named topsrip is called. There is no class topsrip defined???

Thanks for your time..... JamesKB

Something strange is happening with the Wings themeset. Have a look at the two test pages below.

http://www.nashvillescrooge.com/test/page1.html

http://www.nashvillescrooge.com/test/page2.html

A 17 inch monitor set at 1024x768 resolution (on a WinXP box) was used to test these pages.

Take note that page1.html fits the screen as one would expect. Even if you reduce the size to the window the page adjusts to fit. No problem here.

However:

Note that page2.html does NOT fit the screen. The top heading bar and the horizontal menu bar stretch to the right causing the index_header.gif ("Your Heading Text") to move off the screen. One has to use the horizontal scroll bar to see it all.

Any ideas?? Maybe it has something to do with the two additional horizontal menu items??

===========================================
    Also, though not related I think.

In the first table, first row, third cell, a class named topsrip is called. There is no class topsrip defined???

Thanks for your time..... JamesKB

Just an additional comment. The above problem is observed using IE6. When I look at these pages using Mozilla 1.1, NS7.0, Opera 7.23 or Opera 7.50p3 the problem does seem to show up.

Can anyone else verify this??

Thanks for your time.

I just looked at it with Netscape 7.1 and everything looked good to me. 17" monitor and I tried 3 differnt screen resolutions.

More info on this problem....

The problem seems to appear with IE6 when viewed on a monitor set at 600x800.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for your time...... JamesKB

JamesKB

Just for info, I'm using IE6 and a 14" monitor set to 1024 x 768 and I can see the problem. Wish I could help but too new at this lark to be of any use to you. Hope you get sorted.

[This message was edited by onzey on March 15, 2004 at 13:33.]

Onzey...

Thanks for your input..... at least some one else sees the problem...

Thanks for your time.... JamesKB

Soloution found! Seems to be a missing closing table tag and a missing opening table tag. Once thoese are added the problem goes away.

Thanks Xara for the solution.

JamesKB