Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default AVI vs FLASH: Watch Face Displays in FLASH Animaiton but not in AVI animation Why?

I can not create a AVI animation from the attached file which displays the face of the watch. Only the watch hands and the dots (which are tweens) show up in the AVI.

Anyone know why or what settings need to be enable or disabled?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jclements; 21 June 2012 at 08:25 PM.

Default Re: AVI vs FLASH: Watch Face Displays in FLASH Animaiton but not in AVI animation Wh

Good question.

Not having used Xara for animations, I just loaded 360_rotation.xar from the Flash examples and exported to an AVI file and all but the animated stuff goes away as well.

Take care, Mike

Default Re: AVI vs FLASH: Watch Face Displays in FLASH Animaiton but not in AVI animation Wh

I may have fixed it, what I did was copy your clockface and pasted it in place into each of the other frames and unchecked the first box. Try it and let me know if it works for you.

60 Second Clock (animation with sweeping hands).swf
    60 Second Clock (animation with sweeping hands).xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Wiz,

Thanks posting.

Yes, I played around some more a bit later after my posting and came up with same method.

I would have thought checking the "background option" of the first frame would have rendered it for the entire Flash animation.

Wonder if that is a "bug"?

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post

I would have thought checking the "background option" of the first frame would have rendered it for the entire Flash animation.
    I would have thought so too.

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    Wonder if that is a "bug"?
    Don't know but I',m glad you got it working.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi,
    In Xara Animations Frame designated as background is the background, subsequent layers are overlays to get the effect you after.
    mY rndering of your clock as xar file rendering as avi works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Yep, that's the ticket Jim

Scotty's frame setup works for AVI animations, thanks Scotty.

But then causes errors for FLASH animations.

Hmmm....frame settings should work the same for both formats shouldn't they?

Actually No they should not work the same, John. AVI does not support tweening.
    Last edited by Soquili; 22 June 2012 at 05:22 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

but the frame options should work the same?