Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to make smooth photo transitions

Aridzone,

This is looking so good, I'm scaring myself!

Thanks again - that fix also helped me with some other sites I'm working on where I didn't think there was a way to get rid of that silly box.

I wish I knew enough to help someone else on this forum, but I certainly do appreciate the advice.

Take care,

Kathleen

Hi Egg,

I have worked out how to do photo fade flash for 3 pictures in Xara, your tutorial is good, but am struggling using 6 pictures (do they have to be even numbers?). I can name the pictures OK, but when I go to "open fram gallery" it get's confusing as to which picture goes where, and then "select frames" is not easy, as you say for three pictures copy #3, #1 and #2 in that order, then they need addidng between the named frames.
    Could you give me some advice?
    Best regards,
    Colin

Hi Colin and welcome to the forums. The problem with creating tutorials is that a month after you've created them you can't remember a thing about them, at least at my age! I'm very busy at the moment but I'll try to get back to you on this one.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 12 March 2008 at 01:22 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

If you use the fade in fade out tutorial:
    http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest71/

Here is the order for six pictures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6pic.jpg 
Views:	614 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	46488  

If I were Charles, I would enhance Xara Xtreme with some great assistants, in order to help users with some tasks. The solution above is a good example.

Remi

I guess everyone is using Pro now...? I've still to make that move.. but if this is what folk are making then I better leap across pretty quickly.... it all looks very good.

Here is a fade in fade out I created recently using 7 pictures

Attached Files Attached Files

I've been trying to follow the exact instructions from Egg Bramhill, I even downloaded Egg's file and replicated the steps using different images, but its still not a smooth transition. I've uploaded my Xara file here - can anyone please tell me where I'm going wrong. I've been trying this for weeks and very frustrated!! I dont get the smoothness at all!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

You needed to name the the 'things' which go through different levels of transparency to get a smooth transition:

talk_graphics_12_07_12.swf

I think I have simplified what you were trying to do in the attached xara file below. You can mess around with the times: at the mo the transition is 3 secs and then each hangs for 3 secs.
    You start with the 'post it' so I added a second post-it to the end and named it post-it_1, this way you can just stack them all in order in frame 1 and simply use 100% transparency at each stage of transition. I used 'GoTo' on the last frame, takes it back to frame 2 in this case which keeps the time intervals the same and seamless.

Flash_talkgraph_12_07_12.xar
    “When everybody thinks alike, Everyone is likely to be wrong”
    http://antonybrook.co.uk/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Antspants View Post
    You needed to name the the 'things' which go through different levels of transparency to get a smooth transition:

talk_graphics_12_07_12.swf

I think I have simplified what you were trying to do in the attached xara file below. You can mess around with the times: at the mo the transition is 3 secs and then each hangs for 3 secs.
    You start with the 'post it' so I added a second post-it to the end and named it post-it_1, this way you can just stack them all in order in frame 1 and simply use 100% transparency at each stage of transition. I used 'GoTo' on the last frame, takes it back to frame 2 in this case which keeps the time intervals the same and seamless.

Flash_talkgraph_12_07_12.xar
    Thank you so much!! You're a saviour. Your technique is a lot more simpler and straight forward. Thanks a lot!