Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: can a .xar be changed to .svg??

Ohhhhhhhhh.
    See? I have got "a-lot" to learn and understand with all of this Sledger.... I may just go back to my crayons
    Good grief, so... what do you use for settings on the bitmap tracer, to get just an outline?
    Thia is all why I would really like to take some classes for all this at the local U

I almost forgot,,, sorry, Thank you Sledger
    IP

Hi on this cold Monday Morning

Sledger is right in that you need to learn Inkscape - a measure of redrawing is always likely as mentioned in PM - and once you have learned Inkscape its easy and the two programs are complimentary IMO

The bitmap tracer in inkscape is very good and will cope with this well once youve learned how to use it.

If you run the development version of inkscape '0.46' this has a bucket-fill tool that will fill the areas within your bitmaps - yes thats right, it will change specific closed color areas of your png import, you do not need to trace.
    The important point being - these fills are vector, and can then be given stroke [outline] etc - another way to rebuild.
    There has been discussion in the past about how useful this would be in xara

Development versions are work in progress and liable to crash and need updating every couple of days, but its a route to consider.
    Last edited by handrawn; 22 October 2007 at 08:47 AM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Paul - here is the second svg - there are NO transparencies, sorry - they will need to be rebuilt, and I don't have time at the moment - but good practice with inkscape, as Sledger says.
    Transparency works differently in xara and inkscape as has been said also.

If you get stuck post up
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Awe Thanks so extremely much Steve! I really appreciate that, and especially for the info both of you!
    By the time I figure all this sh---tuff out..., it's all gonna change I bet I'll get a hang of it eventually.
    So much to learn and more importantly to "understand" It's one thing to make the art... but it means nothing (somewhat) when you don't really know what you did to get it...
    I downloaded the svg filter plugin for LX, now I just gotta figer out where to stick it

OOoooops..... "definitely NOT there" .....

Thanks Steve / thanks Sledger I am very grateful for guys like you around
    IP