Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: can a .xar be changed to .svg??

here is the correct file.... (yep... Im a stupid-head)

But my question is... what are the steps?? Where do I start? Which program? Why did you even help this guy?? now he's just gonna flood you with questions.... (ever hear of Pandora's box Steve )

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Can do, but its bed time here - will do in morning if no-one beats me to it - its a bit more work than the last one
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thank you Steve, Greatly appreciated!
    Alright, now go get some sleep and I'll see you back here round..... "04:00 hours"
    I'm gonna give it a go on this end too... I really need to learn these sort of things...
    IP

Why not just download Inkscape and recreate the file for yourself?
    It's not a complex drawing and probably a good start to learning InkScaping?
    IP

Ah... I have InkScape.... I really don't like it much. Well, not as much as Xara. I got frustrated after 2 hours of trying to figure out how to change the color of the footprint jpeg I imported so I could use it....
    As I said, Im still new to pc graphics This was just because another person on the project wants an svg source of the work and I tried to do it in IS but was getting angry about the color thing....
    Im still practicing with IS but, I'd like to know how to just convert files to be able to have the same exact work (and not have to redo it each time in two seperate programs) cuz "thats" annoying And this individual completely refuses to use Xara, which would actually make all of this easier, If he would just download Xara LX, take my .xar file, and convert it himself....
    IP

File conversion from one programs file type output to another programs file type import is a perenial problem which often requires jumping through many hoops - sometimes there is no alternative other than to redraw it.

I'm not sure about Inkscapes ability to change jpeg colouring or to use jpeg in .svg file type??
    Is this what you mean't?
    IP

Ooops, No, actually, I believe I had exported the item I sent Steve to either png or gif and then opened it in InkScape... I had already redrawn the background, and then needed to change the color of the footprint.
    I selected the print, and then clicked on the color I wanted from the fill colors at the bottom.
    If I make a circle, and click on each color, the circle changes to the color I select, this does not happen with my imported object??
    The attached hopefully shows what I mean??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Sorry - you've completely lost me
    IP

I exported an item, which was a .xar file. I exported it as png. Then I open it in InkScape, and I cannot figure out now, how to change the color of that object in InkScape.
    IP

PNG is a raster (bitmap) format - not vector
    Inkscape is a Vector illustration program with little in the way of raster editing.
    It can however 'trace' imported bitmaps enabling you to create a vector result which can be easily recoloured in the normal vector way.
    IP