Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: resize

Hi Steve,

Well, with the stuff on the outside of the Flash movie, I've seen that happen pretty often. I've never really found a really effective method of getting rid of it except by not leaving stuff off to the sides of the movie unless they have to be, or else setting the size of my movie by embedding it in an html page. Check your movie settings in flash. I must admit, your pop-up description strikes me as odd, but if you're using javascript, add 'noresize' to the code, where you're listing the other attributes of the window (such as scrollbars, width, height, etc.). If you want, post the JavaScript code you're using to create the pop-up window in this forum and I'll do my best to answer your question.

hth
    -Deep (just a guy)

Date: August 03, 2000 08:48 AM
    Author: steve (flash-4-cash.com)
    Subject: resize

I want to use a pop up window for my flash site i am using dreaweaver 3's popbehaveours for the pop up I don't want it to resize when you press the resize icon on explorer as it shows the over lap of my flash movie ? can you please tell me why the overlap out side the stage size is showing ?

Thanks in advance Steve

P.S anyone who wants a cool email account with flash-4-cash.com have a look at www.another.com also other names with flash in as well.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>

http://www.hoaxsquad.com - keep informed about hoaxes!!!
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

Steve you can do one of two things. 1 place a mask over the layer that has the items off to the sides. Just make the mask the same size as the stage. This will hide them. Or you can put a scale = flash command in the first frame of the movie. the stage will not scale. Or third you can have it set at exact fit or no boarders instead of show all. Hope this helps. Regards, Bill

Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    IP

Hi Deep,

If you have a look at www.privilege-ibiza.com you will get what I mean.
    I like the look of the main page then popping up the flash in a small window with no scroll etc just using the .swf files.

Also i would like to do the same for a new site I am doing but to control just the popup with in Flash.I have got a tut on how to do it on a embeded button with in a html file but not just from a swf file... Maybe I am asking to much !!!

Also another problem I am having is with sound on this site, some times it plays on time and some times it don't...any sugestions would be great

Cheers

Steve

Nice to see U to see U nice
    IP

Thanks Bill as well did not see your post there this pretty new posts are confusing !

IP