Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Does Xara have a repeat function?

Repeat Function?

I use Xara 3.2

Say for example I am drawing a clock face and want to divide the circle into 12 sections as a guide to place the clock numbers. I start with a straight line bisecting the center of the circle and the 12 o'clock position. I select the line and move its center of rotation to the circle center. I then clone the line and type -30 degrees in the angle box and hit enter. The one o'clock line is drawn --- but to draw the 2 o'clock line I must clone and again type in -30 degrees, etc

Is there a function to speed this up so repeated typing is not necessary?

Thanks, Ron

Default Re: Does Xara have a repeat function?

Hi Byron,
    Welcome to Talkgraphics.
    Currently there´s no repeat function in Xara Xtreme.
    Several people already have requested that feature. Maybe in a future version... who knows...

Welcome to the Xtreme Conference Byron

Nope. No repeat keyboard shortcut.

Here's how you can accomplish the clock tick mark rotation.

In Utilities > Page Options > General, set the Angle Constraint to 30 (12 x 30 = 360 degrees).

Draw a circle and drag a vertical and horizontal guideline through the center of the circle.

Add a tick mark at 12:00.

Click the Show Rotation Handles icon on the Infobar. Drag the center of rotation bullseye to the intersection of the two guidelines.

Hold down the Ctrl key (to constrain the angle of rotation to 30 degrees) and drag the top right right curved rotation arrow icon and rotate the tick mark 30 degrees.

Click the right mouse button to drop a duplicate.

Rotate and right click to drop the next tick mark.

Continue until you have all 12 tick marks.

For minutes you need to change the Angle of Constraint setting to 6 degrees.

I know this sounds like a lot of steps, but once you do it a few times it will not seem to be as labor intensive as it seems.

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotate.png 
Views:	377 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	42480  

Thanks Miguel -- I appreciate your reply

ByRon

The quickest way to do this I think would be to draw the line from 12 o'clock to 6, clone and rotate that 30 degrees, twice. Group the three lines then clone them and rotate 90 degrees.

I'll go with MMY's route, in fact, it's what I did yesterday when I needed a clock face ... then drew a circle and filled it white to hide the middle parts of the line (though you could intersect and delete them)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Daniel , MMW, Gary and to all who replied! I really appreciate the help and suggestions. Again, thanks!!
    ByRon