Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Still would love to see....

Hiya,

I would still love to see this program gain the ability to export in obj format!! I'm sure the code is open source and it could be implemented if the team got together and made it happen. It would open up this program for even more business!! You might want to seriously consider that Charles!!
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Default Re: Still would love to see....

I have checked out your web site and I am assuming from the software you use you would like to have .obj's for importing into Daz Studio. I use Bryce and Cinema 4D and like you also wanted to have .obj meshes out of Xara for use in those programs. I did however find a suitable workaround. What I do is once I have copmpleted my graphic in Xara I give it a black background and save the .jpg. I then change all the colors of my graphic to pure white(including the lights) leaving the background black and then save this .jpg. Effectively I then have my graphic and an alpha mask for use in Bryce and Cinema4D. I do have Daz studio as well (it is now integrated with the free version Bryce 5.5c) but have only opened it once or twice. If it supports alpha masks you could also use this method.

That would be more for a displacement map. I want an obj file export option that would give me a full on obj that can be turned, lit and textured. I know that Carrara now supports text I just have not played with that yet. I just think that Xara3d would have a wider user base if they had this export option available.
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

If it's just 3d text, how about Elefont?
    http://www.armanisoft.ch/webdesign/elefont/Elefont.html
    It exports dxf, but most most 3d programs should be able to import dxfs without any problems.
    But yes, if it is indeed possible, .obj exports would be nice. Even better if it could import them, too.
    Last edited by Grafixman; 20 October 2007 at 03:24 PM.